Spice up your school snack ideas or big game day party with this easy Crockpot Pizza Dip. Pepperoni, Italian seasoning, cream cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings in one cheesy dip!
Table of contents
Crockpot Pizza Dip Recipe
When it comes to dip recipes, this one has a delicious flavor because it elevates the taste of regular pizzas and puts it into a dip that can feed the hungry crowd at your Super Bowl or New Year’s Eve party.
With melty cheese, pizza sauce, and your favorite toppings like crispy pepperoni, Italian sausage, and red pepper flakes, this pizza dip recipe has been one of my family’s favorite appetizers since the first time I made it.
Not only is it a great recipe for kicking those pizza cravings, this easy slow cooker pizza dip is the perfect appetizer for when you’re busy but still want to make something ahead of time that is topped with all of your favorite things.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Cream cheese – No cream cheese? Try swapping for Ricotta cheese or sour cream.
Mozzarella cheese – If you don’t like mozzarella, try provolone cheese or any cheese of your choice.
Pizza sauce – Swap pizza sauce for any spaghetti sauce you like – for white pizza dip, try Alfredo sauce!
Italian seasoning – If you can’t find Italian seasoning, you can make your own. Combine garlic powder, chili flakes, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and parsley.
Pepperoni slices – I personally like mini pepperonis, but you can use turkey pepperoni based on your preferences.
Parmesan cheese – Switch for asiago or Romano if you can’t find parmesan.
How To Make Crockpot Pizza Dip
FIRST: In a slow cooker on low heat to medium heat, add cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, pizza sauce, and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
SECOND: Add in half of pepperoni to cream cheese mixture. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour (or 2-3 hours on a low setting).
THIRD: Top cream cheese layer with second half of pepperoni and extra shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover and melt cheese. Garnish with fresh basil or parsley. Switch to a warm setting and serve.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What Can I Top It With?
This slow cooker pizza dip can be topped with anything that you would normally order, including spicy sausage, black olives or green olives, and green onions.
If you’re a vegetarian, simply remove the pepperoni from the recipe and replace with green bell peppers, eggplant, mushrooms, or any other veggie toppings.
To make this a Hawaiian pizza dip, replace the pepperoni with ham and add in pineapple slices!
What Should I Serve With Pepperoni Dip?
This appetizer dip is one of the most perfect recipes. Serve it with many different things! If you prefer a softer side, opt for pita bread, french bread slices, garlic bread, garlic knots, bread sticks, or baguette slices.
For a crunch, try pita chips or bagel chips. If you want a low carb choice, I personally prefer green peppers or red bell pepper slices.
Can I make it ahead of time?
You can definitely make this easy dip ahead – slow cooker dips can typically be made up to 4 hours before, and left on a low setting until you’re ready to serve.
Right before serving, just turn up the heat for a few minutes to make sure that it is warm!
You can also prep ahead of time, store in the fridge until ready to cook. Be sure to take out of the fridge 30 minutes to warm up before placing in crockpot base. Turn on low and cook as directed.
How To Store Leftovers
The football game is over and the party is winding down, but you have a ton of this crockpot pepperoni pizza dip left – how can you store leftovers?
When it comes to delicious dips like this one, I would even argue that sometimes the leftover pizza dip tastes better!
For this recipe, just move your dip from the slow cookers to an airtight container or baking dish covered tightly with plastic wrap.
To reheat, either pop back in the crockpot or try heating up small portions in the air fryer on low heat.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Stir this dip periodically (around every half an hour) to make sure that the cheese stays evenly melted.
- For crispy pepperoni chips, try cooking in a large skillet, removing the grease throughout cooking. If you still have greasy pepperoni afterwards, microwave between two paper towels for 15 seconds to get out the most grease possible.
- If you’re not using mini pepperonis, make sure to cut your larger slices into halves or quarters to make this dip easier to eat.
- Try using as a topping for tortilla chips to make pizza nachos!
What is Freaky Friday? It’s a recipe exchange put on by Michaela over at An Affair from the Heart. There are about a dozen people each time that get assigned a fellow foodie website to make a recipe from to share with our readers.
It’s a win-win because we get to make a delicious recipe from a blogger friend and share it with our readers and you get to hear about another great food website we know you will love!
This time around I am lucky to get Ellen from Family Around The Table. Ellen’s grandmother was. from Italy so I feel we are kindred spirits. I wish I could have tasted her fresh pasta!
Not only is she a boy mom like me, she loves taking cooking classes in her spare time. Her blog shares delicious recipes that are perfect for a busy weeknight or elegant entertaining. Some of my favorites are her Cordon Bleu Bites, her Ham and Swiss Sliders, and her Chicken Fried Chicken with Gravy!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
When it comes to the best crock pot pizza dip, this one is perfect for movie night, football season, or even just having a pizza night with your family. This has been one of my favorite party dips and it’s always a hit because it’s a fun take on classic Italian recipes!
See all of our 2022 Freaky Friday Fall Edition RecipesHosted by – An Affair from the Heart
- An Affair from the Heart – Pepperoni Pizza Bread
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- The Culinary Compass – Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk
- Devour Dinner – Instant Pot Chicken and Wild Rice
- Family Around the Table – White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Martini
- Feast + West – Bourbon Caramel Sauce
- Fresh April Flours – Butterfinger Poke Cake
- Home Cooked Harvest – Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
- Hostess at Heart – The BEST Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Life Currents – French Onion Bruschetta
- Off the Eaten Path – Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip
- The Speckled Palate – German Pancake
- Sue Bee Homemaker – Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- The Wimpy Vegetarian – Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 7 ounces Pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3-4 ounces Pepperoni
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- In a slow cooker, add the cream cheese, half the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, pizza sauce, Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Stir in half the pepperoni.
- Cover and cook on high 1 hour or low 2-3 hours.
- Top with remaining cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Cover and let cheese melt.
- You can garnish with parsley or fresh basil if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 1378mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Party Foods
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.