Say hello to a crowd pleaser with mouth-watering flavor packed into the best jalapeño cheese dip recipe out there. Whether you’re bringing this to a super bowl party on game day or a family party to celebrate the new year, your taste buds will be dancing thanks to the little kick this jalapeño dip recipe offers.
Slow Cooker Jalapeño Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
The next time you’re looking for easy dip recipes, look no further than this jalapeño cheese dip. If you like spicy food, this recipe will bring the spice to a new high, with fresh jalapeños mixed into a creamy cheese base.
This is an amazingly cheesy dip that’s packed with flavor but without too much heat, so everyone can enjoy it. Serve it with a bag of your favorite chips.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Cream cheese – If you can’t find cream cheese, try replacing it with sour cream or greek yogurt.
White cheddar cheese – I personally love sharp cheddar cheese for this recipe, but you can replace this with American cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, or Monterey Jack as well.
Butter – Substitute with vegetable oil if needed.
Whole milk – Whole milk helps to thicken the recipe but can be swapped for a low fat option.
Green chilies – Replace with cayenne pepper as needed.
Jalapeno peppers– I prefer fresh jalapenos, but these can be substituted with jarred if necessary.
How To Make Jalapeno Cheese Dip Recipe
First: Grease 4-quart slow cooker with non-stick spray. Add cream cheese and cheddar before topping with the remaining ingredients.
Second: Stir ingredients to mix. Cook on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Third: When finished, scoop the cream cheese mixture into a serving dish and serve immediately or turn the slow cooker to the warm setting and serve from there.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What can I serve this dip with?
I recommend serving this dip with tortilla chips, along with salsa and guac. For a healthier option or to keep this meal low carb, you can serve with any veggies of your choosing, like pepper strips or carrots.
How long does it last?
Any leftover jalapeño cheese dip that you have can be placed into an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to three days.
How can I reheat it?
Reheating this dip is actually surprisingly simple, and there are a few different ways that you can do it. The first way is by using a baking dish or a casserole dish.
Pop the oven safe dish in at 350F and leave it in until the dish is heated all the way through.
The second way is to use a crock pot to reheat your dip. After spooning it in, turn on the crock pot to a medium heat and wait until the dish is warm all the way through.
Lastly, you can reheat it in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally, until warmed through.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- For presentation, serve in a large bowl and top with green onion or, if you want something unique, try serving in a bread bowl.
- For a bubbly, gooey layer on the top of the dip, cover with parmesan cheese for the last 15 minutes of cooking.
- Want a crunchy topping on your jalapeno cheese dip? Use panko breadcrumbs! I recommend tossing your bread crumbs in a little garlic powder and onion powder in a mixing bowl before topping your dip.
- This recipe can be adjusted to your heat preferences. Simple add as many or as few jalapenos as you want!
There is nothing better than a warm and cheesy dip simmering away in a slow cooker. Check out some of my most popular Crock Pot Dips:
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
If this is your first time making this creamy dip, prepare to be amazed! This delicious dip mimics jalapeno popper dip without all the breading and has the best flavor. This is the creamiest dip I’ve made in a while and the best way to make sure everyone likes what I bring to my family parties!
- 8oz block of cream cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese (cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 4.5 ounce can of green chilies
- 3 jalapenos (fresh & chopped)
- Spray a 4 quart (or larger) crock pot or slow cooker bowl with cooking spray.
- Add cubes of cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Top with butter, milk, green chilies, and fresh jalapeno peppers.
- Stir briefly to combine.
- Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3-4 hours or until melted through. Stir frequently!
- Remove to a serving bowl or keep on warm setting and serve with your favorite chips and veggies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 316mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Easy Party Foods
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.