Pub Cheese Spread is a CREAMY, HOPPY, and FLAVORFUL spread best enjoyed with buttery crackers and salty pretzel. Skip the pub and make your own at home!
Do you love cheese and crackers?
I DO! I could sit around and eat them all day long!
I’ve had just about every cheese there is (found around me, that is) and I will take them on all, piled on a crispy cracker.
Something about the soft and creamy cheese with the crispy, butter, cracker that hits all the right spots!
If you are like me, and craving a spreadable cheese, not just a slice, then this recipe is for you!
Creamy, with a hint of your favorite beer, and mixed with the perfect blend of spices, Pub Cheese is a delicious break from the usual party fare!
Whether you are looking for a great game day spread or a something to add to your favorite burger, check out this Pub Cheese Recipe below!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
WHAT IS PUB CHEESE MADE OF?
- cream cheese
- cheddar cheese
- worcestershire sauce
Cream Cheese – Make sure to soften or bring the cream cheese to room temperature to make it easier to combine.
Cheddar Cheese – You can use pre-shredded cheese but I like to shred/grate my own from the block. It’s cheaper and it doesn’t have all the anti-caking agents on the cheese which can make it hard to mix into the dip.
Horseradish – I like to use prepared horseradish but you can grate your own fresh (I would use half the amount if using fresh) or you can use horseradish sauce.
For more insider tips & tricks, and a candid behind the scenes look follow me on social media! Check use out on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter (yes, people still use Twitter, LOL!)
HOW TO MAE PUB CHEESE
FIRST: Start with softened cream cheese and shredded cheddar. Mix until combined. The mixture will be stiff.
SECOND: Add in the mustard and spices and mix to combine.
THIRD: Add in the beer and Worcestershire to loosen it up and combine completely. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
WHAT KIND OF CHEESE IS PUB CHEESE?
Not your typical cheese, it’s a pub style beer cheese dip that is best served spread on crackers, pretzels, and tortilla chips. Feeling healthy? Try it on carrot and celery sticks too!
IS PUB CHEESE THE SAME AS BEER CHEESE?
It can be mistaken for it because of the beer but it is more of a spreadable soft cheese whereas beer cheese is like a melty cheese dip with beer in it.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- make sure the cream cheese is close to room temperature or softened a bit or it will not mix well with the other ingredients.
- use your favorite ale or brew. I like a hoppy lager beer for this recipe but a stout will work too!
- if you want to spice it up a bit, try adding some jalapeno cheese or pepper jack.
- I like to use prepared horseradish but if you prefer to use a horseradish sauce or leave it out all together, that’s great too.
- if you like a stout in your spread, try using sharp cheddar instead of mild.
- want more spices? Add some garlic powder and some cayenne pepper!
- chilly outside? serve warm!
- want smoother spreadable cheese? whip it up in the food processor!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This Pub Cheese Spread recipe is a crowd favorite with its bold flavors. Perfect for any cracker or pretzel!
MORE EASY APPETIZERS
- 3 ingredient beer shandy
- beer cheese dip in bread bowl
- spicy beer pickles
- air fryer fried pickles
- mexican beer cheese skillet dip
Pub Cheese Spread is a CREAMY, HOPPY, and FLAVORFUL spread best enjoyed with buttery crackers and salty pretzels! Skip the pub and make your own at home!
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) beer
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- Combine the cream cheese and shredded cheese in a bowl with a hand mixer or spatula.
- Add in the horseradish, mustard, garlic powder, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add in the Worcestershire sauce and the beer. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to use.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.