It is October but also time to break out your Crock Pot! This Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip is creamy, cheesy, and full of bacon. Perfect for game day!
CHICKEN BACON RANCH DIP
I can’t believe that it is October already and my Blogiversary! Take Two Tapas is officially 4 years old. What better way to celebrate this occasion with a super spectacular crockpot dip?
How about a Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip that you can make it the slow cooker without a lot of fuss?
October means cooler weather and tailgating which for me requires a little batch cooking and making multiple recipes at one time.
The only way to keep your oven from freaking out and keeping the kitchen slightly less cluttered is to prepare foods in my slow cooker.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
I hear plenty of people mixing chicken with bacon and a touch of Ranch to make sandwiches, cheese balls, and all sorts of other dishes like a meal skillet. Why not a dip?
The crock pot does all the hard work so all you need to do is throw in your ingredients. I use chicken sausage for this recipe because it is already cooked through.
Raw or under-cooked chicken scares me so even though we are cooking it I am sure it is done.
The other benefit is that the chicken sausage comes flavored too. I was lucky enough to find a Chipotle and Monterey jack cheese flavored one. Even more flavor bonus.
While the chicken sausage, cream cheese, Ranch, and additional cheese is cooking I cook up my bacon. I originally wanted to add it into the dip while it cooks in the crockpot but I am not a fan of soggy bacon.
The best thing is to crisp it separately and then add it to the top of the cheese layer. This keeps is crispy and tasty!
NOT JUST ANOTHER CHICKEN DIP
The pictures show this chicken bacon ranch dip in a baking dish. I prepared it in a crock pot minus the cheese blanket and then chilled it down.
When I was ready to serve it I added the cheese to the top, popped it in the oven for 15 minutes, and then added the bacon. I was using my crockpot for another upcoming recipe at the time so I used the oven.
This way if you have only one crock pot and two recipes to make, improvise!
My Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip works great for a crock pot or a baking dish but it works perfectly for your tailgating party!
MORE PARTY FOODS
- Crockpot Crack Chicken
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Pulled BBQ Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Corn Dip
- BBQ Meatballs
- Crock Pot Caramelized Onions
- Slow Cooker Taco Meat
- 12 ounces chipotle chicken sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and chopped)
- 2 green onion stalks (chopped)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- chips for serving
- Combine the cream cheese, ranch dressing, sour cream, chicken sausage, and Monterey Jack cheese in a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 90 minutes.
- Add the cheddar cheese to the top.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
- Cover and cook for another 30 minutes on low.
- Remove the slow cooker insert from the base.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with chips.
If you want to keep the dip warm, leave the slow cooker insert in the base and move the temperature to warm.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 589Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 1004mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 28g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
OTHER CROCK POT RECIPES
- Braised Beef Shank Pasta Sauce from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- CrockPot Lazy Cabbage Rolls from Tip Garden
- Korean-Style Beef Tacos from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Sliders with Dill Pickle Slaw from Kate’s Recipe Box
- Slow Cooker Ham, Potato and Cheddar Soup from Palatable Pastime
- Vegan & Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Crockpot Soup from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.