Fresh Herb Cream Cheese Dip is the perfect dip to pair with just about anything! Quick and easy to make and full of fresh herbs, try it with your favorite chips, crackers, or raw veggies.
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
CREAM CHEESE DIP
There are lots of dips out there that you can make for your gathering but my favorite one is a light and creamy dip that goes with everything!
This cream cheese spread reminds me of the store bought version you find in the cheese section but BETTER!
It’s light, creamy, and full of fresh herbs that are the perfect compliment to so many things.
I like a few baby carrots with mine but your favorite crackers or tortilla chips will work just fine too!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
HERB CREAM CHEESE DIP INGREDIENTS
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- green onions
- lemon zest
- lemon pepper seasoning
Cream Cheese – You can use the full fat, reduced fat, or fat free cream cheese versions. Just be sure to soften or bring it to room temperature before mixing to avoid clumps.
Mayo – Use your favorite brand of mayo. Mine is Duke’s!
Sour Cream – You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for this if you like.
Herbs – Fresh herbs are always best, but if you are in a pinch or don’t have any you can use dried herbs. Just use about half the amount as they will have a stronger flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE DIP
FIRST: Add the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo to a large bowl. Mix to combine.
SECOND: Add the seasonings, lemon zest, green onions, garlic, and herbs. Mix to combine. Season with salt and black pepper if needed.
THIRD: Chill until ready to serve. I like to let mine cool for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to mix and the dip to thicken slightly.
FOURTH: Serve with your favorite crackers and veggies for a great snack!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
WHAT TASTES GOOD DIPPED IN CREAM CHEESE?
There are so many things that you can dip in this! From crackers to veggies or smear it on your bagels and dip your potato chips in it!
WHAT CAN YOU MIX WITH CREAM CHEESE?
That’s the beauty of cream cheese, it goes with everything! Fresh herbs really sing in it!
HOW LONG CAN THIS DIP SIT OUT?
Because of the dairy products in the recipe, I wouldn’t recommend having it at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
CAN YOU FREEZE THIS CREAM CHEESE DIP?
I do not recommend freezing this dip. It will separate and the herbs will brown.
HOW LONG DOES THIS HERB DIP STAY GOOD FOR?
This dip will last a few days in the refrigerator if covered tightly. Just stir before serving.
CAN I MAKE THIS IN ADVANCE?
Yes you can! The longer it sits the more the flavors enhance! I like to make this a day or two ahead of time and just give it a good stir before serving.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- try reduced or fat free cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo. You can also substitute yogurt for the sour cream!
- use fresh herbs for this dip for the best flavor. Only use dried in a pinch.
- turn this into a salad dressing by thinning out with milk to the desired consistency.
- If you like other herbs, try a little fresh oregano or cilantro too.
- use leftover fresh herbs to make these green herb chicken wings.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This delicious herb and garlic cream cheese dip recipe is perfect for an afternoon snack, a small gathering of friends and family, game day or as a dip on a large vegetable platter!
OTHER DIPS TO MAKE
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped fine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 clove garlic (minced fine)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream in a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix completely.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Enjoy with vegetables, crackers, and chips.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 331mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Drinks Recipes
- Baked Feta Pasta with Spinach by SueBee Homemaker
- Cheese Stuffed Banana Peppers by Savory Moments
- Dill Vinegar by Palatable Pastime
- Zucchini Walnut Bread by West Via Midwest
- Watermelon Slush by The Fresh Cooky
- Whipped Feta with Honey by Books n’ Cooks
- Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air-Fried Zucchini by Our Good Life
- Brussels and Bowties by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Classic 3-Bean Salad by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Heirloom Tomato Salad with Burrata by House of Nash Eats
- Mexican Street Corn by Blogghetti
- Air Fryer Parmesan Squash Fries by Cookaholic Wife
- String Beans with Shallots by Family Around the Table
- Watermelon and Feta Salad by Life Love and Good Food
Main Dish Recipes
- Asparagus and Coconut Stir-Fry by Magical Ingredients
- Fresh Chicken and Veggie Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan by Frugal & Fit
- Grilled Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Chai Snickerdoodle Peach Cobbler by The Spiffy Cookie
- Fresh Peach Shortcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Bruschetta by The Redhead Baker
- Peach Ice Cream by Devour Dinner
- Peach Kuchen by Hostess At Heart
- Peaches and Cream Cake Roll by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Yogurt Panna Cotta with Fresh Raspberry Sauce by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.