Dip your garlic bread into this extra cheesy Lasagna Dip made in the crockpot and perfect for a cold weather tailgating party!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
If you are still drooling over the Roasted Garlic Spread I posted yesterday and have garlic bread left over, here is an extra cheesy Lasagna Dip that you can make in the crockpot to finish it up! Garlic bread goes perfectly with pasta.
Come to think of it, just about everything goes with pasta. And garlic bread! But let’s stick to the lasagna for now. Remember when I told you about the restaurant my parents owned when I was little?
Well, Mama Leone’s made amazing lasagna! I mean tall, stick to your ribs, loads of cheese lasagna.
I love my mom’s version (the Mama Leone’s version) because it doesn’t have a lot of sauce in it, just a lot of cheese and meat.
When we made lasagna for Mama Leone’s it stood about 5 inches tall and when we were repping it for serving we would pour a ladle of homemade marinara sauce over the top and a few slices of provolone cheese.
A few minutes under the broiler and she was ready to be served. Extra saucy lasagna is just not in my vocabulary!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
INGREDIENTS FOR LASAGNA DIP
- lasagna noodles
- ground beef
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese
- tomato sauce
- italian seasoning
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA DIP IN THE CROCK POT
FIRST: In a crockpot, combine the cooked ground beef, onion, ricotta, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Stir to combine.
SECOND: Break the lasagna noodles into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle the noddles around the crock pot and stir to mix them in the sauce mixture. Use a spoon to spread the dip evenly in the crockpot and level it out.
THIRD: Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese over the top of the dip mixture. Cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the cheese is all melty and stretchy and the noodles are soft.
FOURTH: Turn the crockpot to warm, garnish with parsley, and serve with garlic bread or other dippers!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
IS LASAGNA BETTER WITH RICOTTA CHEESE OR COTTAGE CHEESE?
I like mine with ricotta cheese as it’s creamier and has less texture than cottage cheese.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH LASAGNA DIP
A loaf of crusty bread, garlic bread, garlic knots, or garlic bread sticks are the best dippers for this dip.
CAN I FREEZE LASAGNA DIP?
Yes, you can! Let the dip cool and place in a freezer safe container. Thaw overnight and place back in the crockpot on low 30 minutes before serving.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Store any leftovers, if there are any, in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
You can also make this dip in a skillet and just bake at 350F for 30 minutes!
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- I use oven ready pasta sheets. There are plenty of pasta brands out there that sell the oven ready or par-cooked versions. I chose Barilla over the others because the pasta sheets were a little smaller and completely flat. And, they don’t have the ridges on them like the other brands. The par-cooked pasta versions are thinner and can cook in the slow cooker with minimal liquid which is perfect for dips and soups.
- Cook the ground beef ahead of time and store in the freezer until ready to use.
- Prep the ingredients and store until ready to cook.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This meaty and cheesy Lasagna Dip is the perfect way to celebrate game day on a chilly day or night. Serve with crusty bread for best flavor!
OTHER EASY APPETIZERS
- 15 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 24 ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound Ground beef (cooked and drained)
- 1 medium White Onion (chopped small)
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 9 ounces Lasagna noodles (oven ready kind)
- 3 cup Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Parsley (chopped for garnish)
- In a crockpot, combine the cooked ground beef, onion, ricotta, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Break the lasagna noodles into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle the noddles around the crock pot and stir to mix them in the sauce mixture.
- Use a spoon to spread the dip evenly in the crockpot and level it out.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella cheese over the top of the dip mixture.
- Cook on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the cheese is all melty and stretchy and the noodles are soft.
- Turn the crockpot to warm, garnish with parsley, and serve with garlic bread or other dippers!
*I like to cook my ground beef with the chopped onion and Italian seasoning all together. This is optional and the dip will still turn out perfect if you prep them all separately.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 23g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.