Take your walking tacos to a new level and serve Greek Walking Gyros instead! Same fun way to eat them but with Greek spiced lamb, feta, tzatziki sauce, and crushed pita chips!
Walking Gyros are a new version of walking tacos! I posted these party favorites last week with some variations on regular tacos. If you exclusively use the Fritos and chili you are making portable Frito Pie, but I am taking another twist on the original with some Mediterranean flair. Walking Gyros are here!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious & easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Just take me to the Walking Gyros Already!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy portable gyro recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
So your favorite Gyro sandwich, full of that yummy seasoned lamb and topped with cool tzatziki sauce, is now easy to prepare and serve for a crowd! Think of all the tailgating parties that you can have with a fuss free meal that everyone loves.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
To get your guests enjoying these portable gyros, start with pita chips. You can find them just about anywhere and I love that they are already portioned perfectly for your party.
How to make Walking Gyros
- crush the pita chips in the bag
- add the cooked lamb (or ground beef if you prefer)
- top with your favorite toppings
- my favorites are olives, tomatoes, and cucumbers
- finish it off with tzatziki
- stir to coat all the pita chips
- enjoy while walking and talking with friends!
FAQs about Easy Gyros:
- Q: Do I have to use plain pita chips?
A: No! Feel free to use plain, parmesan garlic and herb, or multigrain.
- Q: What do you season the lamb with?
A: I prefer to use homemade Greek seasoning but use what you love!
- Q: Can these be made ahead?
A: I would prepare the lamb and prep the toppings ahead of time but would wait to assemble them until right before eating.
Play with all your favorite toppings and combinations and add these Walking Gyros to your next party menu!
Other great Greek recipes to try!
- Gyro Nachos
- Greek Style Cucumber Salad
- Baba Ganoush
- Screaming Goat Lamb Sliders
- Feta Kalamata Bruschetta
- Greek Yogurt Tarts – No Bake
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Easy Walking Gyro Recipe
- If you haven't already done so, cook your ground lamb with some Greek seasoning to your liking.
- Keep warm in a crock pot or in the oven.
- Prepare, chop, and slice all the toppings and put in serving bowls or containers.
- To prepare a walking gyro, start with your pita chips.
- Open the bag and gently crush or smash the pita chips into small pieces.
- Add your favorite toppings to the bag of crushed pita chips.
- Stir and enjoy!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 535mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.