Love to grab a Gyro sandwich on the run? You can have all the flavors of a Gyro but in the form of Gyro Nachos. Perfect for a party and full of Greek flavors! Make everything ahead of time and assemble when ready to wow your guests!
My husband Brooks is really the one that introduced me to Greek food and a gyro. When he travels, which is all the time, he eats Greek or Mediterranean food at least once during each trip.
He is drawn to a gyro and the flavors of cucumber, dill, lemon, lamb, and that tasty pita bread!
Know what I don’t see a lot of? Greek Nachos much less Gyro Nachos!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
GYRO NACHOS INGREDIENTS
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine
- Homemade Greek Seasoning Mix
- Pita Bread
- Romaine Lettuce
- Feta Cheese
- Kalamata Olives
- Tzatziki Sauce
HOW TO MAKE GYRO NACHOS
FIRST: In a medium saucepan, add your olive oil and heat to shimmering. Add your lamb and stir to break up the chunks.
SECOND: Add the Greek Seasoning Mix and wine and stir. Cook the lamb until it is done. Remove the lamb and place in a bowl.
THIRD: Preheat oven to 350F. Slice the pita bread into wedges, like a pizza. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until warm and toasty. Remove the pan of pita and add the lamb and feta cheese on top.
FOURTH: Place back in the oven to warm the lamb and cheese for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking. Remove the pan from oven and add the toppings (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, olives, and tzatziki sauce). Serve to your guests or keep for yourself!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- Prepare the ground lamb a few days before and freeze it. Thaw it out when ready to serve and save time
- Use homemade Greek Seasoning to customize your flavors
- Use the freshest ingredients for the toppings
- Warm up the store bought pita in the oven before assembling
- Use hummus if you don’t have Tzatziki sauce on hand
All the brightness of the fresh ingredients play so well with the warm pita bread chips and the spicy lamb make the perfect bite!
MORE EASY PARTY FOODS
- Walking Gyros
- Greek Style Cucumber Salad
- Baba Ganoush
- Screaming Goat Lamb Sliders
- Dessert Nachos
- Lamb Meatballs
- Feta Kalamata Bruschetta
For the seasoned lamb
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 lb Lamb (ground)
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Greek Seasoning Mix
For the Gyro Nachos
Prepare the Ground Lamb
- In a medium saucepan, add your olive oil and heat to shimmering.
- Add your lamb and stir to break up the chunks.
- Add the Greek Seasoning Mix and wine and stir.
- Cook the lamb until it is done.
- Remove the lamb and place in a bowl.
Assemble the Gyro Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice the pita bread into wedges, like a pizza.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until warm and toasty.
- Remove the pan of pita and add the lamb and feta cheese on top.
- Place back in the oven to warm the lamb and cheese for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Remove the pan from oven and add the toppings (tomatoes, onions, lettuce, olives, and tzatziki sauce).
- Serve to your guests or keep for yourself!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1523mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 19g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.