Crispy Fried Beer Pickles coated in a panko and cornmeal, cooked in the air fryer, and served with a Sriracha Ranch Sauce. Take your fried pickle game to the next level by using an air fryer to get them extra crispy!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
When I think of my favorite thing to eat when we go to a bar or a pub, there is only one thing that comes to mind. Fried Pickles!
If you have tried my Fried Pickle Dip you would know that they have a special place in my heart. But what does not have a place there is the huge mess that comes with all the frying!
AMIRIGHT guys? If so, I’m here to show you an easier and crispier way to eat them! Can you say Air Fryer?!?!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
But there is a little more to it if you want really GOOD fried pickles. What’s the point if they aren’t good?!?
- pickles (slices or spears)
- steak seasoning
Pickles – You can use your favorite pickle be it dill, sour, kosher, garlic, spicy, etc. Feel free to use chips, slices, or spears. I use my Beer Pickles here!
Breading – Instead of just flour, I prefer panko and cornmeal combined. Panko makes the coating very crispy but I find that panko by itself can leave little openings because of its larger size flakes. I fill in these gaps with cornmeal!
The combo ensures full coverage of the pickle, sealing in the moisture and allowing the coating to get very crispy!
To make these easy fried pickles, just follow the steps above! Mix your egg wash, plain flour, and then panko/cornmeal coating. Dry the pickles as much as possible and start dredging.
How to make fried pickles in the air fryer
ONE: Preheat the air fryer to 320F. Make your three dredges in three separate bowls: 1. all-purpose flour 2. egg wash 3. breading.
TWO: Dry the pickles on paper towels. Dip a pickle chip in the flour. Next dip in egg wash. Last, dip in the breading. Set aside and continue to coat the remaining pickle chips.
THREE: Place the breaded pickled chips in the air fryer basket being sure not to overcrowd or overlap the chips. Spray lightly with non-stick spray.
FOUR: Air fry for 6-8 minutes, flipping half way through so they don’t burn and they crips up evenly!
Instead of heating up all that oil, the air fryer works like a charm!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How do I make fried pickles crispy?
Using a combination of panko and cornmeal get the outside extra crispy. The air fryer is the best method for sure!
How do I keep them from getting soggy
The double coating help them to fry up crispy but once they are air fried, keep them on paper towels or store on a baking sheet in a warm oven to keep them from getting soggy.
Are fried pickles healthy?
These Air Fryer Pickle Chips are definitely healthier than using the deep fried method. This will keep them from getting soaked with oil that you just don’t need!
Are these gluten free?
Not the way they are but you can substitute gluten free flour for the first dredge and use gluten free panko with the cornmeal to make these gluten free!
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Beer pickles make the best fried pickles but feel free to use your favorite ones!
- Start by making sure the pickles are as dry as you can get them or the coating won’t stick to the pickles.
- The Beer Pickles are already spicy but if you need more feel free to add some hot sauce to the egg mixture.
- The mixture of panko and cornmeal make them extra crispy!
- Spray the pickles ever so lightly with non-stick spray to ensure the coating gets a deep golden color on it.
- Turn your air fryer temperature to at least 400 or they will not get crispy.
- All air fryers cook differently so keep an eye on the pickles so they won’t burn!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
These air fried spicy fried beer pickles are super easy to make, crispy in texture, full of spicy pickle flavor, and will have you enjoying them as easy appetizers at your next party!
More Easy Finger Foods
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Pickle Wrap Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Pomegranate Sparkler
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles
- Grab your jar of beer pickles and pull out 24 of them.
- Dry them very well on paper towels.
- Pull out three small mixing bowls to prepare the dredge.
- In the first bowl, mix the eggs, pickle juice, and steak seasoning.
- In the second bowl add the flour.
- In the third bowl, combine the panko and cornmeal.
- To dredge the beer pickles, dip in the flour, then in the egg wash, and lastly in the cornmeal/panko mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet until all the pickles are coated.
- Set the air fryer to 320F.
- Lightly spray the pickles with a non-stick coconut oil spray.
- Air Fry the pickles for 6 minutes, flipping half way thru or until nice and crispy.
- Let cool for a minute or two before eating.
- Serve with a Sriracha Ranch Dip and enjoy!
Sriracha Ranch dip is just 1 tablespoon of Sriracha mixed into ranch dip.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 4 pickles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.