Caramel Apple Nachos are tart Granny Smith apples drizzled with creamy caramel sauce, mini chocolate chips, and salted toasted pecans are a quick and delicious treat. Ready in less than 5 minutes, apple nachos are a great snack for kids of all ages!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
This post is sponsored by Millican Pecan. I have received product in exchange for this post. The recipe and all opinions expressed in it are mine.
I am always up for a new snack. Especially one that satisfies all my cravings at once!
These caramel apple nachos are easier to make than the traditional caramel apples and easier to share.
Plus, they are easier to eat and don’t leave you with candy toppings all over your face.
Caramel apples always remind me of fall and these make the perfect fall treat, but you can really enjoy them all year long.
Spread out the sliced apples on a plate and add the toppings that you enjoy. Make a large platter and add various toppings to different sections so there is something for everyone!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
INGREDIENTS FOR APPLE NACHOS
- Granny Smith apples
- caramel sauce
- mini chocolate chips
- toasted pecans
- assorted sprinkles
Apples – I prefer Granny Smith for this recipe because they are a tart apple and balance out the toppings but you can use your favorite variety of apple.
Caramel Sauce – I like a homemade caramel sauce but you can buy one from the store over by the ice cream toppings.
Chocolate Chips – Mini chocolate chips are easier to eat but use what you have. You can always chop chocolate chunks if you have those on hand.
Pecans – I like to toast and salt my pecans before adding them to the nachos. It brings out the nuttiness and the little addition of salt balances out the apple nachos.
Sprinkles – If you want more color add assorted nonpareils, sprinkles, or jimmies!
HOW TO MAKE APPLE NACHOS
FIRST: Wash the apples. Core them and slice into wedges or thin slices. Place them in a bowl of water with lemon juice to keep them from browning while you finish the rest of the apples.
SECOND: Pat the apples dry and spread out on a platter or serving tray.
THIRD: Drizzle with caramel topping or spoon the caramel sauce over the apples.
FOURTH: Top with toasted pecans, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. Enjoy immediately.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
HOW TO KEEP APPLES FROM BROWNING
- Lemon juice: Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to a bowl of water. Soak the apple slices for 5 minutes and then pat dry. You can also squeeze the lemon juice directly on the apple slices. The apples will have a lemon flavor to them so it might be a little strong.
- Salt water: Place 1/4 teaspoon of salt in 2 cups of water. Soak apple slices for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse the apples before topping.
- Honey: You can also add a spoonful of honey to a bowl of water and soak the apples for 30 seconds. Remove and pat dry before topping.
- Band together: You can also place the apples back together and secure with a rubber band until ready to use. But once you separate the slices, they will start to brown but don’t require any other steps.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
Leftover apple nachos can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can also prep them a day or two ahead of time and store them in separate containers for an easy grab and go snack.
APPLE NACHOS TOPPINGS
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- chocolate chips
- toffee bits
- caramel sauce
- Reese’s pieces
- butterscotch chips
- potato chips
- caramel corn
- peanut butter
HEALTHY OPTIONAL TOPPINGS
Other healthy toppings to try include flax seeds, raisins, dried cherries, various nut butters, a sprinkle of cinnamon, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
My favorite combination is caramel apple slices drizzled with melted marshmallow, melted white chocolate, and sprinkles. Kids love sprinkles!
This totally flexible and versatile caramel apple recipe can be customized any way you like. Choose your favorite apples and toppings and serve them as a snack, an appetizer, or an apple dessert. This apple nachos recipe is perfect for any time of year and for kids and adults alike.
MORE EASY FINGER FOODS
- 3 Granny Smith Apples
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1/8 cup assorted sprinkles
- Place water in a bowl and add the lemon juice. Stir to mix.
- Core and slice the apples and place the slices in the lemon water until ready to serve to keep from browning.
- To assemble the apple nachos, pat the apple slices dry and then layer on the serving platter.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Top with mini chocolate chip, toasted pecans, and sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 173Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valueSix (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.