This Butter Pecan Fudge recipe is super easy and perfect for your sweet tooth. Creamy, buttery, and full of nutty toasted pecans, it’s perfect for any occasion and makes a delicious gift!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
This post is sponsored by Dixie Crystals, Millican Pecan, and Taylor & Colledge USA. I have received product in exchange for this post. The recipe and all opinions expressed in it are mine.
Fudge is a classic treat, mostly found during the holidays, but I love it year round! So rich and buttery, you need just one or two bites to satisfy your cravings.
This means, you can give the rest away as gifts to friends, neighbors, and coworkers!
Easy enough to not need a candy thermometer, this butter pecan fudge comes together in less than 10 minutes and after it’s chilled and set, leaves you with a decadent, melt in your mouth, treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
BUTTER PECAN FUDGE INGREDIENTS
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
Butter – Use unsalted butter if at all possible. This way you can control the level of salt in the recipe.
Sugars – This recipe uses a combination of brown and white sugar. Dixie Crystals is my preferred brand of sugar.
Heavy Cream – Use heavy whipping cream. And bring close to room temperature before using for best results.
Vanilla – I like to use Taylor and Colledge vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla extract. It has an intense flavor and doesn’t change the chemistry in the recipe by adding additional liquid.
Salt – If you use salted butter, I would leave the additional salt out or just sprinkle the top of the fudge with flaky sea salt before it sets.
Powdered Sugar – Be sure to sift the powdered sugar before measuring to remove any clumps. Then measure by spooning into the measuring cup and leveling with a knife.
Pecans – I love to toast my pecans before adding them to the fudge. It enhances the nuttiness of them and gives them a crunchier texture.
HOW TO MAKE BUTTER PECAN FUDGE
FIRST: In a medium sized pot over medium high heat, combine the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cream. Stir to melt the butter and combine the remaining ingredients.
SECOND: Bring to a rolling boil and continue boiling, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
THIRD: Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla paste and chopped roasted pecans. Stir to combine. Add the powdered sugar and stir to combine. Work quickly as the fudge will start to set.
FOURTH: Pour into an 8×8 pan, prepped with nonstick spray or parchment paper, and let set. I like to add more pecan halves on the top for decoration but this is completely optional. You can place in the refrigerator for faster setting.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
HOW DO YOU HARDEN FUDGE?
Fudge will harden at room temperature but it will take some time. I like to place mine in the refrigerator to speed up the process. You can even place it in the freezer.
Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before cutting or the fudge will break into smaller pieces.
WHAT IS THE SECRET TO MAKING CREAMY FUDGE?
Be sure to melt the butter and dissolve the sugars before bringing to a boil. Sift the powdered sugar before adding and whisk the fudge after adding it to make it creamy.
HOW DO YOU STORE BUTTER PECAN FUDGE?
Store the fudge at room temperature in an airtight container for up to two weeks. If you are layering it to fit in the container, I recommend separating layers with parchment or wax paper.
You can also store the fudge in the refrigerator the same way. I like to keep mine chilled as my kitchen can get pretty hot.
If you want long term storage, you can freeze the fudge for up to 3 months. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and then in an airtight freezer safe container.
WHAT IS THE MOST POPULAR KIND OF FUDGE?
Chocolate, peanut butter, and butter pecan are the most popular flavors of fudge. But really, any fudge is delicious!
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- Sift the powdered sugar and then measure it so the amount is accurate. This will also remove any lumps.
- For slightly thinner pieces, you can spread the fudge in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make sure your pecans are toasted before adding to the fudge. It will bring out the flavors of the pecans even more.
- Use vanilla bean paste for more intense vanilla flavor.
- Chill the fridge to set it up faster.
- Decorate the top of the fudge with additional pecans on top for more flavor and texture. Using the pecan halves makes a pretty presentation.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
One bite and this Butter Pecan Fudge fudge melts in your mouth! The buttery flavor, and creamy texture along with the nutty toasted pecans will have you immediately hooked.
MORE EASY TAPAS RECIPE
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted pecans (chopped) plus more for garnish
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Prepare an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and cream.
- Bring to a rolling boil. Stirring constantly, boil for a full 5 minutes (in the rolling boil).
- Remove from heat. Add the salt, vanilla, and pecans. Still fo mix.
- Add powdered sugar and stir by hand for a minute or two until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Store until ready to cut.
- Before cutting, bring to room temperature or the fudge will crack. Cut into 64 one inch squares.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 64 Serving Size: 1 cube
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers and Snacks
- Caramel Pecan Clusters from An Affair from the Heart
- Carrot Top Hummus from Savory Moments
- Fall Charcuterie Board from Magical Ingredients
- Roasted Red Pepper and Crab Savory Cheesecake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Overnight Oats from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Cinnamon Apple Bread from Lemon Blossoms
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Soups and Salads
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup from Devour Dinner
- Panera Autumn Squash Soup from The Fresh Cooky
- Salmon Salad With Grapes And Pecans from Art of Natural Living
- Apple Butter Dijon Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Candied Pecans And Green Apple from Soulfully Made
- Butternut Squash And Bacon Risotto from SueBee Homemaker
- Loaded Bacon And Kale Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts And Butternut Squash from Eat Move Make
- Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash from Hostess At Heart
- Apple Cider Rubbed Pork Chops from That Recipe
- Thai Butternut Squash Curry from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Butternut Squash Parmesan Pasta from Frugal & Fit
- Grape & Gorgonzola Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- Honey Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner from Simple and Savory
- How To Air Fry Pork Tenderloin With Sweet Potatoes from West Via Midwest
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake from Fresh April Flours
- Easy Apple Crisp from Life Love and Good Food
- Espresso Chocolate Chip Cookies from Books n’ Cooks
- French Apple Tart from Jen around the world
- Individual Grape Crumble from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pumpkin Roll from House of Nash Eats
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodles from Family Around The Table
- Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp from Blogghetti
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 valueSix (6) winners will be randomly selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter giveaway and the contest is open only to US residents. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entries. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan Company, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Republic of Tea, and Nairn’s for providing prizes.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.