A Celebration Sparkler is a delicious and refreshing blueberry champagne cocktail. A blend of blueberries, tart lemons, spirits, and bubbly champagne. The perfect drink to celebrate any occasion!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
BLUEBERRY CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
I love celebrating all the wonderful things that happen in life and the best way to do that is with family, friends, food, and a great cocktail. And a bubbly one at that!
How do you get bubbly? With champs!
A classic champagne cocktail consists of champagne, brandy, Angostura bitters, a sugar cube, and garnished with a maraschino cherry.
This version of the bubbly cocktail incorporates bright blueberries, tart lemon juice, a light simple syrup, all mixed with prosecco and vodka.
The red, white, and blue colors are perfect for serving this drink on any patriotic holiday but it’s also perfect for New Year’s Eve!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
WHAT IS IN A CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL?
- simple syrup
- lemon juice
- frozen blueberries
- maraschino cherries
Vodka – I like to use Tito’s brand as it’s delicious, smooth, and very affordable.
Champagne – Buy a regular 750mL bottle if you are making multiple cocktails. If you want to enjoy just one or two, buy the smaller sized bottles. You can also use a sparkling wine or prosecco.
Simple Syrup – This is a simple 1:1 mixture of sugar dissolved in water. I like to use a mint flavored one but feel free to use plain. You can also buy this already made it the wine section of your local market.
Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice is best in this drink!
Blueberries – I like to use frozen ones because they help keep the drink chilled longer but if you only have fresh that’s ok too. You can also use blackberries or raspberries if you prefer.
Maraschino Cherries – A classic for cocktails! I love the bright color but if you prefer a fresh or frozen cherry that works too. Just be sure to remove the pit!
HOW TO MAKE A BLUEBERRY CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
STEP ONE: Divide the blueberries between 4 glasses. Muddle them.
STEP TWO: In a cocktail shaker or other sealable container, combine the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake to combine.
STEP THREE: Add ice to glasses with blueberries. Slowly pour the vodka mixture over the ice, dividing between the 4 glasses.
STEP FOUR: Top with chilled champagne. Garnish with maraschino cherries and serve. Enjoy Responsibly!
WHAT LIQUOR MIXES WELL WITH CHAMPAGNE?
Vodka is the best liquor to mix with the bubbly as it doesn’t have very strong flavors all by itself. Another great spirit to mix is brandy or amaretto. The bubbles enhance the flavors!
WHICH CHAMPAGNE IS BEST FOR COCKTAILS?
When choosing your champagne, don’t buy the least expensive. You will end up with a headache. You can find a delicious bottle for less than 15$.
CAN YOU GET DRUNK ON CHAMPAGNE?
Due to the fact that champagne contains alcohol it is entirely possible if you don’t enjoy in moderation. Please enjoy these refreshing drinks responsibly.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- Chill the glasses before beginning to keep the drink chilled longer.
- Making a large batch? Mix all the ingredients together except the champagne and store until ready to serve. Then muddle the berries, add ice, divide the mix, and top with champagne.
- Keep your champagne chilled before you start pouring. Don’t like champagne? Top with prosecco instead!
- Always watch the cork when popping open your champagne. It can fly off very fast and bump something.
- This cocktail is meant to have red, white, and blue colors to celebrate patriotic holidays too!
- Typically served in a chilled champagne flute, I like a good old mason jar or wine glass. I’ve even used a plastic cup!
- Don’t like cherries? Garnish with a lemon twist instead!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This blueberry sparkler is my favorite champagne mixed drinks! I love mixing everything together ahead of time and serving when my guests arrive!
OTHER DRINKS TO TRY
BLUEBERRY CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL RECIPE
- 8 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces simple syrup
- 4 ounces lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 16 ounces champagne
- 1/2 cup blueberries (frozen is best)
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Divide the blueberries between 4 glasses. Muddle them.
- In a cocktail shaker or other sealable container, combine the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Shake to combine.
- Add ice to glasses with blueberries.
- Slowly pour the vodka mixture over the ice, dividing between the 4 glasses.
- Top with 4 ounces of champagne.
- Add maraschino cherries and serve.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.