Last updated on June 28th, 2020 at 04:41 pm
Time to walk down memory lane and bring a childhood favorite into the future. My Oatmeal Cream Pie Dip is a modern twist on a lunchbox favorite that you will not want to trade!
I think everyone growing up in America ate Little Debbie Snack Cakes. Swiss Rolls are my all time favorite and I even have a certain way to eat them, but Oatmeal Cream Pies are high up on the list too.
As an adult, I still eat snack cakes but lately, I am in the mood to modernize them so I whipped up an Oatmeal Cream Pie Dip for a little fun!
Last February I changed up another beloved snack cake, the Star Crunch. Those crispy, chocolatey, caramelly, chewy cakes were shrunk down and dipped in even more chocolate to become Star Crunch Truffle Balls. I am still full from eating all of those truffles!!
In an effort to keep from popping more truffles in my mouth I decided to turn the Oatmeal Cream Pies I love into a dip that I can share with others. After I made the first batch, I might not share it with anyone because it turned out so good!!
The idea of an Oatmeal Cream Pie dip allows me to get more of the creamy marshmallowy center of the cookie which let’s be honest, is the best part! Hello, have you heard of Mega Stuff Oreos?
With this in mind, why don’t they have mega stuffed Oatmeal Cream Pies?
With this dip, you can!
A bowl full of the filling that you love while still having the oatmeal and cinnamon flavors, count me in!! While trying to find a way to get all the flavors to shine individually, I didn’t want to just serve the oatmeal cream pie dip with oatmeal cookies.
It seemed clunky to me so I thought of ways of getting the oatmeal actually in the dip.
Toasting some old-fashioned oats in butter and cinnamon fills my home with some wonderful smells but the addition of the toasted oats to the creamy dip just rounds out all the flavors. It is just like eating an Oatmeal Cream Pie, only better!!
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and funny stories. For my entire disclosure policy click here.
Once you get the dip made you need to get it into your mouth. You could use a spoon, or your finger, or just put your face right in the bowl and eat it with reckless abandon.
But if you are feeling more civilized, try using cinnamon sticks to shovel it in your mouth. They are a lot like graham crackers but a little skinnier so you can savor the dip a little longer and leave some for the others. Or not. We will keep it between us if you like.
Enjoy this Oatmeal Cream Pie Dip when you have a sugar craving or a nostalgia craving that needs to be fed.
- 8 ounces Cream cheese (softened)
- 7 ounces Marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Old-Fashioned Oats (not the quick oats)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Cinnamon Graham Sticks (for serving)
- In a small pan over medium heat, add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the oats and the cinnamon.
- Stir the oats and cinnamon around in the pan to coat in the butter.
- While constantly stirring, toast the oats for 5 minutes until they are a toasty brown and smell nutty.
- Remove the oats from the pan and put in a bowl to cool.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix to combine.
- Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the oats and fold by hand to combine. Using a mixer might break up the oats a little too much.
- If you have some on hand, crumble an oatmeal cream pie on the top. I will admit that I have a box on hand for snack emergencies.
- Serve the oatmeal cream pie sip with cinnamon graham sticks or graham crackers if you can't find the sticks.
- If you are making the Oatmeal Cream Pie Dip ahead of time, store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, but don't add the crumbled oatmeal cream pie as it will get soggy.
- Enjoy and try not to eat the whole batch yourself:)
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1118Total Fat: 54gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 565mgCarbohydrates: 150gFiber: 6gSugar: 91gProtein: 15g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
This recipe inspired by My Baking Addiction.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.