Last updated on February 6th, 2020 at 05:36 am
Oreo Cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate cookies and minty cream filling! Now the great flavors of the Oreo cookie are combined with cream cheese to make an Oreo cheesecake dip that will remind you of Oreo cookies and milk. Make your own homemade chocolate wafers to dip!
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue to bring you delicious recipes.
When I was little, I ate my fair share of Oreo cookies. Now that I am an adult, I still eat my fair share of them. I’m just glad that I live in a world where they have Mega Stuf Oreo cookies. These gloriously over-filled cookies have the correct ratio of cream filling to cookie wafer!
The only thing that could make the Oreo better? Cheesecake! Rich and creamy cheesecake is the perfect vehicle for those mint and chocolate flavors. Being that it is the new year and I have some “New Year’s Goals” to keep, I can’t just sit down and eat a whole cheesecake.
God knows I can’t have just one slice. There are always, at least, two slices that become casualties of my lack of will-power. Having the flavors of Oreos and cheesecake in a smaller portion is like a dream to me.
Oreo Cheesecake Dip is born!
I came up with a way to make all those Oreo Cheesecake Dreams come true! Combining dreamy, minty filling with the richness of cheesecake makes the perfect dip! But how to shovel it in my mouth without using my fingers? Or a shovel?
Some crispy, dark chocolate wafers sound like the perfect vehicle!
I have never made chocolate wafers before so I hopped on over to one of my favorite baking blogs, Zoe Bakes, for some inspiration. The recipe for the chocolate wafers was adapted from her recipe for an Icebox Cake. These crispy, dark chocolate wafers make a great delivery system for this delicious dip. Just like eating an Oreo!
Most of the dips that people bring to parties are savory! This amazing Oreo Cheesecake Dip with Chocolate Wafers is the perfect sweet addition to your party! Also, check out my Margarita Dip.
I’ve been known to put away at least 20 Oreos in one sitting? How many Oreos can you eat at one time?
Oreo Cheesecake Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces butter (room temperature)
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
For the Oreo Cheesecake Dip
- Mix all the ingredients for the dip and store in the fridge until ready to serve and inhale.
For the chocolate wafers
- Beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla for a few minutes or until fluffy in a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated.
- Slowly add the milk until just combined.
- Divide the dough into two logs that are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches round.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least an hour or two.
- When ready to cook the wafers, heat the oven to 350F.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Slice the dough into discs that are about 1/8 inch thick and place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes. After 4 minutes, rotate the pans and continue cooking.
- When the 8 minutes is up, pull the pans out but leave the cookies on the pans for about 5 minutes before you remove to a cooling rack.
- You can freeze the cookies or the dough until ready to use!
*If you like this recipe, leave me a comment and rate it with some stars!!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 317mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 3g