This Nachos Supreme recipe will take you back to those midnight runs to Taco Bell during your college days.
But now, you can make it right in your kitchen!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Prepare to salivate over same familiar flavor combo as you used too with this nacho recipe.
Crispy tortilla chips, topped with beef, beans, fresh tomatoes and onions, creamy cheese sauce, and sour cream. The perfect comfort food.
This restaurant style nacho recipe is quick and easy and is perfect to whip up a large batch to share at your next get together.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
NACHOS SUPREME INGREDIENTS
- tortilla chips
- ground beef
- refried beans
- taco seasoning
- nacho cheese sauce
- sour cream
- green onions
Tortilla Chips – Use the regular tortilla chips and not the thin and crispy one. They will break and won’t hold up to the toppings!
Taco Seasoning – Feel free to use a package from the store but I prefer homemade taco spice!
Refried Beans – I use a standard 14 ounce can of refried beans. The recipe only calls for 1/2 the can mixed in with the beef so there will be leftovers.
Feel free to add more beans to the mixture if you prefer or save them for adding to the nachos later.
Nacho Cheese Sauce – I like this melty, smooth, and creamy cheese sauce for this recipe instead of shredded cheese melted on the chips.
Makes it just like they do at Taco Bell!
HOW TO MAKE NACHOS SUPREME
STEP ONE: Combine ground beef, refried beans, taco seasoning, and water in a large skillet and cook over medium heat until beef no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
STEP TWO: Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400F. Spread nacho cheese sauce over chips and place in the oven. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
STEP THREE: Remove from the oven, and add the seasoned ground beef and bean mixture in spoonfuls over the melted cheese.
STPE FOUR: Top with diced tomatoes, sour cream, and sliced green onions. Enjoy!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
WHAT TOPPINGS DO YOU PUT ON NACHOS?
The combination of toppings in this supreme nacho recipe gives you the ultimate Taco Bell experience in your own kitchen.
But if you’re looking for some other toppings options, try some of these:
- Shredded Lettuce
- Pico De Gallo
- Grilled Corn
- Cotija cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Pinto Beans
- Black Olives
- Chopped Steak
- Shredded Chicken
- Fresh Jalapeno slices
- Crumbled Tofu (for my vegan friends!)
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Ranch Dressing
- Salsa Verde
BEST TYPES OF CHEESE FOR NACHOS
This creamy 5 ingredient cheese sauce is the BEST for Nachos Supreme. It covers every bite with cheesy goodness and never leaves a chip dry.
But if you’re not into the creamy style cheese, then shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack, or Cotija cheese are other great options! Your options are really limitless here!
CAN I PUT THE FRESH INGREDIENTS ON BEFORE BAKING?
Meat, beans, chips, and cheese are all delicious when they’re hot! So keep those ingredients together.
Fresh herbs, sour cream, salsa, guacamole, avocado, or anything else that is great cold, needs to stay cold. So save those ingredients until right before serving.
See the tips below to learn how to make the most of this chips and cheese situation!
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- You can use shredded cheese instead of the nacho cheese sauce, but I don’t think they taste like Taco Bell’s recipe that way.
- Use refried black beans instead of regular if you like.
- I like a homemade taco seasoning mix best but use your favorite!
- Layer like a pro! One layer of toppings is good, but add a second or even third layer to make it great!
- Make clean-up REALLY easy by lining your baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
MORE EASY APPETIZERS
NACHOS SUPREME RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup nacho cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes (fresh, diced)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 bunches green onions (sliced)
- 11 ounces tortilla chips
- In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef. Add the taco seasoning, water, and refried beans. Stir to combine and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread the tortilla chips on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Warm nacho cheese sauce in the microwave to 20-30 seconds (or according to package directions if using store-bought) until it is smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle the nacho cheese over the chips as evenly as possible. Place in the preheated oven for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is warm and bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let sit 1-2 minutes.
- Top is sour cream, diced tomatoes, and green onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 434Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.