If you love bagel chips as much as my family does you want to start making your own Air Fryer Bagel Chips and stop over-paying for them at the store!
Air Fryer Bagel Chips
Have you seen the prices on store-bought bagel chips?! They are outrageous, and we love having these fun snacks around for just about everything; this is why I started looking for a great way to make homemade bagel chips.
My air fryer gets used quite a bit lately, as I am learning it does everything well, so I tried making Air Fryer Bagel Chips and they are just about the best dipping snack we have now!
My love for bagel chips started with my first bag of snack mix and I pulled out a handful of lovely crunchy treats, and once I popped the bagel chip piece in my mouth I was hooked.
I started trying to find them on their own so I could dip them in onion dips, caramel dips, chocolate, brie with fruit spreads, and everything else dippable!
My obsession got a bit pricey and I realized I needed to find a way to make them at home, a few trials and a couple errors and here we are with a winning bagel chips recipe using the air fryer.
You will love how simple this is, quick, and beautifully crunchy these bagel chips are.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Bagels – You can use any flavor bagel that you want! I used plain and everything bagel but use your favorite. Day old bagels are easier to slice:)
Olive Oil – If you don’t have any you can use melted butter, coconut oil, or non-stick cooking spray.
Garlic Powder – I’m a garlic fanatic so I like to use garlic powder but feel free to use any of your favorite spices. Plain salt is a great option to make them more versatile when serving with other dishes.
How to make Bagel Chips
FIRST: Preheat the air fryer to 350F degrees. Slice bagels and place slices on parchment paper or baking sheet for easy clean up.
SECOND: Brush or spray a small amount of oil on each bagel slice. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Flip slices and oil and season the other side.
THIRD: Place slices in the air fryer basket making sure not to over lap. Air fry for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 minute more or until golden brown on each side. Remove and cool.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What to do with old or stale bagels
Using up old bagels is not always easy, but they make the perfect bagel chips because you are going to dry them out while they cook anyway.
Stop by your local bagel shops and bakeries in the evenings just before they close and see if they give out day old bagels, you might be surprised how many you get!
How to store them
Once cooled, store the bagel chips in an air tight container or zip top plastic bag at room temperature.
How long do they last?
If stored correctly, they will last up to 5 days! You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- dust them with homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
- this recipe uses one plain and one flavored but use your favorite flavors!
- slice bagels in half to open them, then half again to make a c-shape. Lay bagel flat. Holding your hand on top to stabilize, cut bagels horizontally into ¼ -⅛ inch slices. Each half makes 3-4 slices. Slices will not be perfect and you might have some smaller pieces, but that’s okay.
- it is not necessary to grease air fryer since the bagel slices already have oil on both sides.
- store chips in airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 5 days.
Three basic ingredients, a quick pop in the air fryer, and you have crunchy and delicious homemade bagel chips! What more can you ask for in a dip lover’s life? Grab your old bagels and slice them up, and let me know how you seasoned yours and what you love to eat them with!
- 2 bagels (sliced into ⅛ inch slices)
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil or olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Spread bagel slices on parchment paper or wax paper for easy cleanup.
- Using a brush or spray oil, place small amount of oil onto each bagel slice. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Turn slices over and repeat the process on the other side.
- Place bagel slices into air fryer in single layer, leaving some space in between. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for 1 more minute. Chips should be golden brown on both sides.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 4 chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491668Total Fat: 3564gSaturated Fat: 1181gTrans Fat: 41gUnsaturated Fat: 2289gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 745592mgCarbohydrates: 95587gFiber: 3098gSugar: 14999gProtein: 19172g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Appetizers
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Everything Bagel Almonds
- Pineapple Hummus
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.