This Classic Bloody Mary recipe is a dream and it is absolutely acceptable to sip on before noon. Just call it your fresh dose of morning vitamins with a kick!
Classic Bloody Mary
This Bloody Mary recipe is made with the classic Bloody Mary ingredients as it gives a fresh and spicy party in your mouth all at the same time!
This is one of my favorite go-to’s when having a few friends or family over for a laidback brunch. This vodka based cocktail is quick to whip up and is oh so savory!
Keep it classy in a beautifully rimmed glass and have a blast with this tasty crispy bacon garnish!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
- Tomato juice
- Lemon or Lime
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce (hot sauce)
- Tajín seasoning (for rimming the glasses)
- Salt & Black Pepper (Celery salt is great too!)
Bacon Garnish Ingredients
How to Make a Bloody Mary Cocktail From Scratch
First: Make the crispy bacon bite. Preheat oven, wrap the celery stalks in bacon, bake until crispy.
Second: Add the seasonings, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and lemon juice.
Third: Add the vodka and tomato juice. Add ice and stir to mix and chill.
Fourth: Rim glasses with salt and Tajin seasoning. Fill the glass with ice. Pour the bloody Mary mix over the ice. Garnish with lemon peel and a crispy bacon bite.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Garnishes for Bloody Mary
You can go crazy or classy with cocktail garnishes. It’s up to you! Other great choices for garnish are:
- lemon wedges
- lime wedge
- cucumber slices
- pickled okra
- pickle spears
- pimento-stuffed green olives
- pickled jalapenos
- artichoke hearts
- baby corn
- cooked shrimp
- beef jerky
- pepperoni sticks
- hard-boiled eggs
- cheese squares
Can I leave out the alcohol?
Mix it well, don’t forget the garnish, and your Virgin Mary will taste just as savory as a Bloody Mary!
Best Vodka to Use
You can get fancy with an expensive vodka or you can keep it as simple as Tito’s. If you want to make things extra fun, go for some pickled-infused or spicy vodka. It all gets the job done!
Can I make these in advance?
Yes! Prep the mix ahead of time and store the fridge for up to a week. Wait to add in the vodka until you’re ready to serve.
Need some help making your Bloody Mary cocktails? Try these!
Tools You May Need
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- To reduce the spiciness, it is better to remove or eliminate the Tabasco, the Pepper is necessary as it contributes to the general flavor of the cocktail
- You can make a preparation of the initial Sauce, without the Lemon, and then use it little by little in each drink created, adding only the lemon, vodka and tomato at the end
- This recipe can be easily doubled or made in a large batch.
- If it is prepared in advance, it is best to store it without the ice, and place it once served, so that the mix doesn’t become watery, as it changes a lot the texture and flavor.
- As always, quality greatly influences the final result, and in this case it is best to get a good quality tomato juice.
- The colder the glasses are before mixing, the better.
- The longer you leave the crispy bacon in the oven, the crisper it will be, but be careful not to burn the bacon
- The same recipe can be made perfectly, without alcohol, simply by removing the Vodka from the recipe
- You can even change the Vodka for some other liquor of your choice
- If you don’t have Tajín, you can substitute with salt.
- I’m not a fan of Clamato juice but if you must…
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This classic Bloody Mary is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or any time of the day!
- 7 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 3 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Salt and Tajin Seasoning for salt rim
Crispy Bacon Garnish
- 1 strip bacon (cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 stalk celery (cut in half lengthwise)
Make the Crispy Bacon Bite
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the celery stalk into 2 inch sections.
- Cut the bacon into 3 inch sections.
- Wrap each celery piece with bacon.
- Place the wrapped celery on the baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and set aside until ready to enjoy.
Make the Bloody Mary
- In a large glass, add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix.
- Add the vodka and tomato juice. Stir to combine.
- Add the ice and stir to mix and chill the cocktail.
- Wet the rim of two glasses with lemon juice. Place in the salt/Tajin mix to rim the glasses.
- Place ice in the rimmed glasses.
- Pour the Bloody Mary mix evenly between the two glasses.
- Garnish the cocktail with a slice of lemon peel and 1-2 crispy bacon bites.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 cocktails
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 1399mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Easy Party Foods
- Bloody Mary Shots
- Bloody Marianne
- Celery Slaw
- Summer Mocktails
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Can you freeze Buffalo Chicken Dip?
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.