Smoked Salmon Dip is a rich and creamy gluten-free seafood dip that can be whipped up in just 10 minutes. This easy-to-make dip is a blend of chopped smoked salmon, spicy wasabi, and salty capers and can be served with fresh crisp veggies and buttery crackers.
Make this delicious dip for your next gathering for everyone to enjoy!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
SMOKED SALMON DIP
Salmon dip is an easy and elegant party snack that can be thrown together in no time! While most people enjoy smoked salmon in thin slices on a bagel, I prefer it in dip form! It’s comfort food but with a party spin to it!
This dip is light, creamy, and chock-full of rich salmon and is always the first dip gone when served at a gathering.
Smoked salmon dip is a classic appetizer that is a party favorite. And rightfully so. It’s absolutely delicious!
WHY THIS RECIPE IS SO GOOD!
- Easy to whip up and comes together in a matter of minutes
- Naturally gluten-free
- Bursting with rich salmon flavors
Made with smooth cream cheese, tangy sour cream, salty capers, spicy wasabi, and smoky salmon; this is truly the BEST party snack!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
SMOKED SALMON DIP INGREDIENTS
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- smoked salmon
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- smoked paprika
Cream cheese – You can use the full fat, reduced fat, or fat free cream cheese. Just be sure to let it soften close to room temperature so it mixes well with the sour cream.
Sour cream – If you don’t like sour cream feel free to substitute plain yogurt. I like to use Greek yogurt as it’s a little thicker and tangier which is great with the smokiness of the salmon.
Smoked salmon – You can find prepackaged smoked salmon near the seafood counter of most grocery stores. Just be sure to dice or chop it very fine so it mixes well.
Capers – Use your favorite brand, just be sure to drain all liquid prior to mixing into dip.
Wasabi – While this recipe calls for wasabi you can use horseradish if you prefer.
HOW TO MAKE SMOKED SALMON DIP
FIRST: In a food processor, combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, half of the salmon, lemon juice and zest, paprika, and wasabi until slightly chunky.
SECOND: Transfer dip to a large serving dish, and add remaining chopped salmon and half the capers. Stir to combine.
THIRD: Top with remaining capers and chives.
FOURTH: Serve with your favorite crackers or vegetables. Enjoy!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
HOW LONG DOES SALMON DIP LAST IN THE FRIDGE?
If you happen to have leftovers, which we rarely do, you can keep it tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
CAN I FREEZE SMOKED SALMON DIP?
I wouldn’t recommend freezing this dip because the sour cream and cream cheese can separate.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH SMOKED SALMON DIP?
Serve this dip with crisp raw veggies, your favorite crackers, toasted baguettes, pretzels, or homemade crostini’s.
CAN I USE HOMEMADE SMOKED SALMON?
Yes, you can certainly use homemade smoked salmon. Just be sure to chill salmon prior to incorporating into dip.
IS IT GLUTEN FREE?
This dip is gluten free if made as is with the brands that I use. Just be sure to check all labels of the ingredients you use to be sure.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- You may want to make a double batch. This will go fast!
- Be sure to let the cream cheese come close to room temperature so it is soft enough to mix with the sour cream.
- I like to whip just the cream cheese with a hand mixer before adding the sour cream. Otherwise you could get some chunks of cream cheese that don’t mix well.
- Serve this smoked salmon dip with capers with your favorite crackers or raw veggies. It’s also great on bagels in the morning!
- You can spread this on toasted baguettes for a great variety.
- Garnish with fresh dill and chives or sliced green onions.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This 10 minute smoked salmon dip recipe is perfect for an afternoon snack, a small gathering of friends and family, game day or as a dip on a large vegetable platter! This easy-to-make recipe feeds a crowd and is oh-so-delicious, you won’t have any leftovers by the time your guests are finished!
MORE EASY PARTY FOODS
- Wasabi Ginger Cheese Ball
- Fresh Herb Cream Cheese Dip
- Asian Chex Mix
- Smoked Almonds
- Old Bay Tartar Sauce
- Cream Cheese Crab Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon (divided)
- 2 tablespoon capers (drained)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared wasabi or horseradish
- 1 teaspoon chives (chopped)
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, half the smoked salmon, lemon juice, lemon zest, smoked paprika, and wasabi in a food processor and process till just slightly chunky.
- Scrape the dip into a bowl and add the remaining chopped salmon, and half the capers. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the dip with remaining capers and chives.
- Serve with crackers and vegetables.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.