The Iconic Chex Party Mix gets a sweet twist with pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a hint of dark chocolate. Chex Cereal becomes Crack Chex Party Mix! Irresistible, crunchy, and totally addicting.
Whip up a batch to give some to your holiday guests! That is if you don’t eat it all first:)
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What is Crack Chex Party Mix? Let me explain…
I grew up eating Chex Cereal and I have to say that I am so mad that now they have all these great flavors! My mom only bought the corn or rice varieties! Kids are so spoiled these days.
Cinnamon, chocolate, apple? I want to revert back to my childhood and get to eat these on Saturday morning while I am watching the Smurfs!
Of course, we always had Chex Party Mix around. I loved making the iconic Chex Party Mix recipe and adding in pretzels and peanuts.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Even after I got married, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my mother in law had her own version of Chex Party Mix that was lovingly, and geographically, called “Trash.”
Hers is a spicy mix that contains pecans because we are in Georgia -HELLO- and I could eat it all day long.
This is her Christmas time treat that she fills the pretty containers with and hands out to co-workers, people who just stop by, or as a last minute hostess gift for the impromptu party.
For my recipe, I am making Crack Chex Party Mix! Not to be confused with my Crack Pretzels.
A combination of Corn and Rice Chex that I am coating with a caramel and cinnamon mixture that you use for making caramel corn too!
After all, that deliciousness takes place, I am drizzling in with Dark Chocolate for even more sweetness!
Sign up to early access to recipes, tips & tricks, and behind the scenes info in our newsletter! It’s FREE and we promise not to SPAM you. Click here to join us!
After I get done, and before I eat it all, I am going to bag mine up in some Ziploc Bags and add a tag.
This way I am already prepared to do some homemade gift exchanging.
This way, if it is already packaged, I won’t be tempted to eat it all.
- 4 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 4 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Toasted Pecans
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces Dark Chocolate
- Mix the Chex Cereals, pecans, and cinnamon in a large baking dish, lined with non-stick foil or with foil and sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Heat oven to 250F.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, mix the butter and the brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once it starts to boil, let boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When 5 minutes are up, remove from heat and add the vanilla and baking soda.
- Whisk quickly. It will start to foam and bubble when you add these two.
- Pour over your Chex Cereal Mixture and stir quickly to coat all the cereal and pecans.
- Once all is coated, place in the oven and bake for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When the hour is up, let cool completely.
- If you want to add the chocolate drizzle, melt your chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler on the stove top.
- When melted, drizzle over your Chex Mix Crack!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1502Total Fat: 93gSaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 49gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 1542mgCarbohydrates: 166gFiber: 12gSugar: 110gProtein: 11g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.