Christmas crack Chex mix is an easy-to-make, no bake, holiday treat that comes together in less than 30 minutes. This tantalizing addictive sweet and salty snack is the perfect combination of crunchy cereals, salty pretzels, nutty peanuts, sweet M&Ms, all coasted rich white chocolate drizzle.
CHRISTMAS CRACK CHEX MIX
The holiday season is right around the corner and you know what that means… baking and gift giving season is quickly approaching!
If you’re like me, you look forward to the cooler weather, the craziness of the holiday’s, and being able to indulge in all the wonderful treats that the Christmas season has to offer.
Whether you are enjoying cookies, quick breads, or homemade hot cocoa, there is just something magical about this time of year.
Christmas Crack Chex Mix is one of my favorite holiday sweet and savory treats. Made with just 7 ingredients, your trusty microwave, and less than 30 minutes of your time, the end product is a ridiculously addicting snack that is worthy of gift giving.
The combination of crunchy Chex, salty pretzels, sweet M&Ms, and luscious white chocolate drizzle; is a blend that is always a crowd pleaser.
Not only is this a perfect holiday party appetizer but its festive and tasty enough to hand out to friends and family as Christmas gifts!
Just place in a festive Christmas tin or mason jar for an adorable homemade sweet treat everyone is sure to love!
But no matter the reason on why you’re making it, one thing is for sure, Christmas Chex Party Mix is so good, you and your family won’t be able to stop eating it!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- quick and easy to make
- no bake!
- makes a great edible Christmas gifts
- no corn syrup!
- freezes well
- delicious and fun
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
CHRISTMAS CRACK CHEX MIX INGREDIENTS
- Chex Cereal
- Honey Nut Cheerios
- mini pretzel twists
- lightly salted roasted peanuts
- holiday M&M’s
- white chocolate melting chips
- holiday themed sprinkles
Chex Cereal – I used a combination of corn Chex and rice Chex cereals but feel free to use your favorite flavors. You can also substitute in some Golden Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
Cheerios – This specific recipe uses the Honey Nut but you can use plain cereal as well.
Pretzels – Mini twists work great but you can use sticks too.
Peanuts – Use your favorite peanuts such as honey roasted or just plain roasted or lightly salted.
Candies – I like a combination of green and red M&M candies and holiday sprinkles but you can use your favorite colors and flavors.
White Chocolate – Bright white candy melts are great but you can use white chocolate chips.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS CRACK CHEX MIX
FIRST: In an extra large bowl combine together the Chex cereal, cheerios, pretzel twists, and roasted peanuts. Dump the mix onto a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle the M&M candies on top.
SECOND: Place the white chocolate melting chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt on high power for 60 seconds. Stir the chips well to finish melting and smoothing out the chocolate.
If any large chunks remain, even after a thorough stirring, continue melting in 20 second increments and stirring well until all the white chocolate is smooth.
THIRD: Immediately drizzle the white chocolate over the cereal mixture. Quickly sprinkle the holiday sprinkles over the white chocolate.
FOURTH: With a spatula (or your clean hands), mix Christmas crack to distribute the white chocolate evenly over the cereal mixture, working quickly to mix before the chocolate sets.
Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes so the chocolate can finish cooling/setting. Use your hands to break up any large chunks, and then transfer to a large serving bowl.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE DIFFERENT CEREALS?
You can substitute any of your favorite cereals. I like Golden Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch. But if you really want to call it Chex mix you need a little Chex cereal in it 😉
HOW DO YOU STORE CHRISTMAS CHEX MIX? CAN I FREEZE IT?
You can store it in an airtight ziplock bag or container on the counter for a few days at room temperature. You can also store it in the freezer.
The freezer keeps it from going stale:)
HOW LONG DOES CHRISTMAS CRACK CHEX MIX LAST?
If you store it like above it will last for a few days but we always eat ours in a day or two because it is so delicious!
HELPFUL TOOLS TO MAKE THIS:
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- Evenly add the sprinkles the moment you are done drizzling on the white chocolate so that it sticks to the chocolate. Otherwise the chocolate will start to set and the sprinkles will just fall off.
- Mixing the melted white chocolate into the mix on a large tray or baking sheet is easiest so that you can quickly and evenly distribute the melted chocolate before it starts to set.
- If you don’t have parchment paper for the cookie sheet, you can use a silicone mat.
- Don’t have either of those? You can butter the baking sheet really well so the coating mixture doesn’t stick to it.
- Chocolate can be melted using a double boiler method if you prefer.
- Like Chex Mix Recipes? Check out all of these!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This Christmas Chex Mix is a fun, delicious, and an oh-so-addicting treat that I know you will love! Sweet enough for Christmas movie nights or perfect enough to give as an edible gift; one thing is for sure, this Christmas Crack Chex Mix is perfect for the holiday season!
MORE EASY PARTY SNACKS
- Elf Snacks Chex Mix Christmas
- Christmas Snack Platter
- 20+ Holiday Pretzel Treats
- Pecan Snowball Cookies
- Crack Chex Party Mix
- Sriracha Chex Mix
- Oven Baked Chex Mix
- 6 Cups Chex Cereal (half corn, half rice)
- 3 cups Honey Nut Cheerios (can use regular cheerios, too!)
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists (or sticks)
- 1 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- 2 cups holiday M&M’s
- 20 ounces white chocolate melting chips
- 2 Tablespoons holiday themed sprinkles
- In an extra large mixing bowl, toss together the Chex cereal, cheerios, pretzel twists, and roasted peanuts.
- Dump the mix onto a large rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle the M&M candies on top.
- Place the white chocolate melting chips in a microwave safe bowl and melt on high power for 60 seconds.
- Stir the chips well to finish melting and smoothing out the chocolate. If any large chunks remain, even after a thorough stirring, continue melting in 20 second increments and stirring well until all the white chocolate is smooth. Do not overcook.
- Immediately drizzle the white chocolate over the cereal mixture.
- Quickly sprinkle the holiday sprinkles over the white chocolate.
- With a spoon (or your clean hands), mix and toss the mixture to distribute the white chocolate evenly over the cereal mixture, working quickly to mix before the chocolate sets.
- Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes so the chocolate can finish cooling/setting.
- Use your hands to break up any large chunks, and then transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Enjoy or store for later. This makes a great edible gift too!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 4gSugar: 56gProtein: 10g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.