Mummy Munch is the perfect Halloween Popcorn Treat for ghouls and goblins of all ages!
CRUNCHY pretzel nuggets drizzled with white chocolate to look like MUMMIES along with toasted coconut strips, marshmallows, and salty popcorn make this the perfect MONSTER POPCORN!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious & easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
It’s time to break out the costumes and scary decorations because Halloween is upon us!
Halloween is my favorite because I am a scary movie junkie. The scarier the better! What makes scary movies bearable? Snacks!
That is why I am bringing you a spooky snack to eat while watching movies or handing out candy to trick-or-treaters.
Scary movies require salty, crispy, sweet, bite-sized treats to keep your hands busy and muffle the sounds of your screams in the theater.
My Mummy Munch snack mix will do just that!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
With all the different “scary” or “horror” characters out there, there is no shortage of monsters to name my snack mix after.
When talking about mummies we have to start with the color white. What snacks are white that will taste great in a snack bag? Popcorn, marshmallows, almonds.
Ok, the almonds are slightly “yellowish” in color but aren’t mummy bandages a little discolored after being buried for thousands of years? The slivered almonds are going in.
Don’t they look a little like bones? I think so!
Mummy Munch Halloween Popcorn Ingredients
- popcorn – salty snack
- candy eyeballs – spooky fun candy
- marshmallows – sweet to balance the salty
- almond slivers – nutty and look like bones
- dark chocolate chips – balance out the sweet & salty
- toasted coconut strips – crunchy and look like mummy bandages
- white chocolate covered pretzels – edible mummy pretzels
How do you make mummy munch?
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, combine the popped popcorn, mini marshmallows, almond slivers, candy eye balls, skull and bones candy, and dark chocolate chips.
STEP TWO: Make the mummy pretzels. Place the pretzel nuggets on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
STEP THREE: Melt the white chocolate in the microwave and place in a zip top bag. Drizzle over the pretzel nuggets to look like bandages. Place two candy eye balls on each one to complete the mummy. Let set.
STEP FOUR: When the Halloween pretzels are set, add to the rest of the candy popcorn mix. Stir to combine. Enjoy or portion out to give as gifts.
Now the Mummy Munch Snack Mix is complete!
Salty, sweet, crispy, crunchy, chocolatey, full of mummy parts, and perfect for your Halloween party, your kid’s classroom celebration, or even your officemates at the company costume party.
Whatever the occasion, make some Mummy Munch fast before the mummies come and wrap you up!
A slightly spooky but certainly sweet treat perfect for Halloween, my Mummy Munch Snack Mix is a great way for ghouls of all ages to celebrate.
Looking for a Snack Mix to take to a party you’ve been invited to? Check out all my snack mix recipes, both sweet and savory, to fit your special occasion!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
Other Halloween Snacks to try!
- Graveyard Grub
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Monster Mash Popcorn Mix
- Bewitched Halloween Popcorn
- Halloween Pretzels
- Nutter Butter Boos
- Spider Web Pretzels
- Graveyard Candy Apples
- Krispie Treat Mummies
- Spooky Monster Truffles
Easy Mummy Munch Recipe
Pop the popcorn
- 1/3 cup white popcorn kernels (unpopped)
- 1 brown paper bag
For the Mummy Pretzels
For the Mummy Munch Mix
- 3 cups white popcorn (popped)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 0.8 ounces large candy eyeballs (see notes)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut chips (toasted)
- 1/4 skull and crossbones candy
Pop the popcorn
- Put your white popcorn kernels in the brown paper bag.
- Roll the top down sealing the bag.
- Pop in the microwave until the kernels are popped. This took me about 2:45.
Make the mummy pretzels
- Melt your white chocolate candy in the microwave according to instructions.
- Lay out your pretzels on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzel nuggets making "mummy-like" stripes.
- Add the candy eyeballs to each mummy, pressing the eyes into the white chocolate a bit so they will have a strong bond with the pretzels.
- Chill in the fridge to set the chocolate.
- Remove from the fridge and store until you are ready to mix the Mummy Munch.
Make the Mummy Munch
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 429Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 644mgCarbohydrates: 70gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.