Chex party mix is always a CROWD FAVORITE! Full of CRISPY cereal, SALTY pretzels, HEARTY nuts, and coated in a HOMEMADE sauce with the right blend of spices.
Bake up a batch of EVERYONE’S FAVORITE SNACK!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
You know I am a sucker for a great snack mix. I always have a bowl of snacks on my desk while I am working.
I crave crunchy, salty, sweet, spicy, and just about everything in between. Did I leave anything out?
If I can make it homemade and in large quantities, all the better!
This Chex mix recipe has all the snacks I crave, is oven baked in a large batch, and totally amazing!
I can’t stop eating it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Chex Party Mix Ingredients
- Chex Cereal (Corn, Wheat, Rice)
- Marinade (butter, Worcestershire, seasoned salt, garlic & onion powder)
Chex cereal – I used equal amounts of all three varieties but if you want to use just one or two, feel free to mix it up a bit!
Pretzels – This recipe uses mini twists and rounds. Feel free to use your favorite pretzel shapes like sticks or nuggets.
Nuts – In this recipe, I mixed nuts and extra cashews. It also tastes great with walnuts, pistachios, and pecans!
Marinade – It’s a simple mixture of butter, Worcestershire, and some spices. If you want some heat, or different flavor profiles, change up the spices to your liking!
How to make Chex mix in the oven
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 300F. Prepare your baking sheet.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, combine the cereals, nuts, and pretzels. In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter. Add the Worcestershire sauce and spices. Whisk to combine completely.
STEP THREE: Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mix and stir until evenly coated. Spread it out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Try to get a single layer if possible.
STEP FOUR: Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until coating is dry. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Enjoy!
How long is homemade Chex mix good for?
If you keep it stored in an air tight container at room temperature, the snack mix will last for 4 weeks.
You can also freeze it in air tight, freezer safe containers for up to 6 months. Just let it come to room temperature before enjoying.
How do you make Chex mix not soggy?
Make sure it is cooked thoroughly and let it cool completely before eating or storing.
Any heat can make condensation in the storage container and make it soggy and stale.
What are the brown chips in Chex mix?
The original recipe for Chex Mix calls for bagel chips. Once the coating is tossed with it and baked, the chips can take on a brown color.
How do you know when the Chex mix is done?
When the coating looks dry on the cereal mixture. It shouldn’t be shiny or wet looking.
Sign up to early access to recipes, tips & tricks, and behind the scenes info in our newsletter! It’s FREE and we promise not to SPAM you. Click here to join us!
Take Two Tapas Tips
- make sure to coat all the pieces evenly or they won’t get that great tasting sauce on it!
- you can use a silicone baking mat, parchment paper, or non stick foil to cover your baking pan for easier clean up.
- try different chips and nuts to use your favorite snacks!
- the pretzels are usually the first things that can burn during the cooking process so keep an eye on those!
- if you don’t have a large enough baking sheet to spread the Chex mix out on, use two pans. Be sure to rotate them while baking.
- add in some cheese crackers for more flavor!
other snack mixes to make
Oven Baked Chex Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- ¾ cup pretzel rounds
- ¾ cup mini pretzels
- ¾ cup mixed nuts
- ¾ cup Cashews
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 300F. Prepare your baking sheet
- In a large bowl, combine the cereals, nuts, and pretzels.
- In a medium sized bowl, melt the butter. Add the Worcestershire sauce and spices. Whisk to combine completely.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cereal mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread it out evenly on the prepared baking sheet. Try to get a single layer if possible
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until coating is dry.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely. Enjoy!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.