These 3 ingredient Valentine’s Pretzel Hugs are super easy holiday treats that your special someone will love!
Valentines Pretzel Hugs
Looking for a quick and easy treat to surprise your special someone on Valentine’s Day? These pretzel hugs have just 3 ingredients and take less than 15 minutes to make.
These sweet and salty bite-sized treats also satisfy all the cravings.
A crunchy and salty pretzel, topped with a creamy chocolate hug, topped with a crispy coated M&M candy! The perfect colors and flavors for Valentine’s Day.
Why this Recipe is Awesome!
- just 3 ingredients
- easy to customize with different colors and shapes
- quick to put together
- makes a great gift!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Pretzels – A lot of recipes call for the square pretzels or “butter snaps” but I used the mini twists because they have a “heart-like” shape which is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
Hugs Kisses – You can use regular Hershey Kisses candies but the hugs have white chocolate which helps it melt better.
M&M Candies – Grab your favorite M&M even the flavored ones. I use the Black Forest Cake flavored ones in this recipe but use your favorite. An almond or peanut would probably be too heavy and flatten them too much.
The best part is that you can customize for the occasion with different colors!
How to Make Pretzel Hugs
First: Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Second: Lay out the pretzels, spaced out a little, on the prepared baking sheet. Top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hugs candy.
Third: Place in the oven and let heat for 3-4 minutes. Watch carefully as you don’t want them overly melted. You want them soft and shiny but not melted.
Remove from the oven and let sit on the counter for 1-2 minutes to cool slightly.
Fourth: Press an M&M on top of the soft Hug candy. If they are slightly over melted, just set the M&M on top and let it sink into the Hug all by itself. If they are firm enough you can press the M&M into the Hug.
Fifth: Place back in the fridge to cool them down and let them set up. This can take 10-15 minutes. When they are set up, remove them from the fridge. Store at room temperature and enjoy!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
- Skip the M&M and top with add another pretzel. Then you have a pretzel sandwich!
- If you like caramel, add a Rolos candy instead of a Hugs kiss.
- Leave off the M&M and top with your favorite nut. I love a toasted pecan on mine! This is really good if you are using a caramel candy.
- For Valentine’s Day, top with a conversation heart!
- Try different flavors of chocolate kisses.
- Don’t like Hershey’s Kisses? You can use Candy Melts!
- Change up the colors to fit your occasion.
- Like peanut butter? Use Reese’s Pieces instead.
How To Store
Make sure the Valentine’s pretzel hugs are completely set up before you store them.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
For bonus points store in a clear jar with a pretty ribbon!
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Don’t completely melt the hugs. The chocolate should be shiny and soft.
- If your oven doesn’t heat evenly you might need to rotate the pan halfway during the melting process.
- To keep the mess down to a minimum, line the pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- After you remove the candy from the oven, let it sit out for 1-2 minutes so the hugs aren’t too soft.
- Before storing, cool completely to keep them from getting stale.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
These pretzel treats are fun to make with kids of all ages and make a great edible gift!
More Easy Snacks
- 70 pretzel twists
- 1 bag (7.8 ounces) hugs kisses (unwrapped)
- 8 ounces colored M&M candies
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Spread pretzels out on baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with a hug kiss.
- Place in the oven and heat for 3-4 minutes. Watch carefully as they will melt fast. You want them to be soft but still hold their shape.
- Remove the baking sheet and let set for 1-2 minutes.
- Place an M&M on top of each one. If they are just right the weight of the M&M will settle into the hug and flatten it just enough.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and store until ready to enjoy.
- These make a great edible gift!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 3 hugs
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 1031mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
- An Affair from the Heart – Valentine Oreo Bark
- Fresh April Flours – Red Velvet Bundt Cake
- Hostess At Heart – Easy Valentine’s Day Fudge Recipe
- Lemon Blossoms – Pink Champagne Cake
- Family Around the Table – Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
- A Day in the Life on the Farm – Chocolate Cheesecake
- Daily Dish Recipes – Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- The Fresh Cooky – Red Velvet Donuts
- Devour Dinner – Dessert Charcuterie Board
- Jolene’s Recipe Journal – Copycat Flaky Puffs
- Art of Natural Living – Bailey’s Chocolate Martini
- Jen around the world – Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Kathryn’s Kitchen Blog – Sugar Cookie Bars
- Soulfully Made – Easy Red Velvet Brownies
- The Redhead Baker – Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Layer Cake
- Magical Ingredients – Soft White Chocolate Strawberry Fudge
- SueBee Homemaker – Chocolate Cake for Two
- Palatable Pastime – Strawberry White Hot Chocolate
- The Spiffy Cookie – Red Velvet Molten Lava Cakes
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks – Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- Books n’ Cooks – French Martini
- Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice – Nutty M&M Peanut Butter Cup Valentine Cookies
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.