Bacon Crackers are SWEET, SPICY, SALTY, SMOKY, and CRISPY! Everything you are craving and the perfect snack for any occasion.
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
BACON WRAPPED CRACKERS
It is full-on tailgating time and nothing is better for cheering on your favorite team than cramming your mouth with my Sweet and Spicy Bacon Crackers.
No snack is more complete, except maybe a vitamin supplement advertised on an infomercial, but I can assure you those don’t taste as good as these do!
These bite-sized appetizers are the perfect snack. Sweet, spicy, salty, smoky, and crispy! They hit all the right buttons and will keep everyone coming back for more.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
EASY BACON APPETIZERS
Making these Sweet and Spicy Bacon Cracker Bites may seem labor-intensive but I assure you they are easy. They just need some time and love is all.
After all the affection you bestow on them, they will reward you with the perfect combination of sweet, spice, smoke, and salt.
Not to mention the buttery, flaky, crispy cracker that holds all these wonderful flavors and textures.
INGREDIENTS FOR BACON CRACKERS
- club crackers
- brown sugar
Town House crackers are perfect for making the bacon crackers but you can also go with the pretzel flip-sides too.
You will need one or two packages of bacon depending on how many bacon crackers you want to make.
For the bacon, I use the grocery store brand and get the center cut portion. I like a more “meaty” bacon so I like this cut the best. They have the perfect width to stretch my bacon around.
HOW TO MAKE BACON CRACKERS
ONE: Preheat oven to 200F. Brush each cracker with Sriracha on one side, wrap a slice of bacon around each cracker (the ends on the same side) and place on a baking sheet.
TWO: Bake for 1 hour. Sprinkle with brown sugar and rotate the pan.
THREE: Bake for another hour or until the bacon is nice and crispy.
FOUR: Remove from the oven and cool for a few minutes. Enjoy warm!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT THE BACON CRACKERS?
Place the crackers on a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 250F for 5-10 minutes.
HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
If they are not all eaten, which I highly doubt will happen, store them in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 2 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE THEM?
You can place any leftovers in a freezer bag and store for up to a month. Just thaw and reheat like above.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- I prefer to use a cooling rack on a baking sheet so the fat from the bacon can drain away and keep the crackers very crispy.
- If your sugar burns a little, you can try putting the sugar under the bacon.
- If you don’t like the spice, you can leave off the sriracha or just brush them with a little butter.
- A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese under the bacon gives the crackers a flavor bump if you like that.
- The number of bacon slices varies slightly from package to package (12 ounce) so I just use the full package and wrap as many crackers as I can.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Making my Sweet and Spicy Bacon Holiday Crackers will make you the star of the party and definitely get you an invite to the next one!
OTHER EASY APPETIZERS
- Crockpot BBQ Lil Smokies
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Bacon Salt Brownies
- Bacon Wrapped Pickles
- Spicy Chex Mix
BACON WRAPPED CLUB CRACKERS
- 1-2 sleeves Town House Crackers (24-48)
- 16 slices center cut bacon (cut into thirds)
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Place a cooling rack on top of a rimmed baking sheet. You can line sheet with foil beforehand if you prefer.
- Brush each cracker with Sriracha on one side.
- Wrap the cracker with a third of a slice of bacon. The cut bacon should just fit around the cracker with the ends coming together.
- Place the crackers on the cooling rack/baking sheet with the cut ends of the bacon under the crackers and the Sriracha side up.
- This will keep the bacon from unraveling while baking.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- At the one hour mark, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Sprinkle each cracker with a little bit of light brown sugar.
- Return the crackers to the oven and bake for another hour or until the bacon is crispy to your liking.
- When the bacon crackers are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container until ready to eat.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 93Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.