A Pineapple Cheese Ball is always a welcome addition to any party. Sweet crushed pineapple, creamy cheese, colorful bell peppers all rolled in toasted pecans for crunch. A crowd pleaser for sure!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL
A twist on a classic cheese ball recipe, it hits all the right notes. Creamy, Crunchy, Sweet, Salty, and oh so delicious.
I love a cheese ball because you can make them ahead of time and you can play around with some many flavors and textures.
Most are savory with bacon and garlic but sweets ones are just as welcome in my house. Full of colors, it’s not only pretty to look at, it tastes great on a cracker!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL INGREDIENTS
- cream cheese
- crushed pineapple
- bell pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- toasted pecans
Cream Cheese – Feel free to use low fat or fat free cream cheese. Just be sure the cream cheese softened so it’s easy to mix.
Crushed Pineapple – Use an 8 ounce can of crushed pineapple and drain it very well! Any extra water will make the cheese ball loose.
Bell Pepper – Green bell pepper is great by itself but I love the red for a pop of color. Only add these if you are planning on eating within a day. The longer the cheese ball sits the peppers will release water.
Seasonings – This recipe is simple with just the addition of seasoned salt. If you want to use some additional garlic powder or even add in some red pepper flakes, feel free to make it your own!
Toasted Pecans – Pecans are my favorite nut for this cheese ball but feel free to use almonds, walnuts, or your favorite nut. You can also use crispy cooked bacon or crushed pretzels or chips.
HOW TO MAKE A PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL
ONE: Chop the green pepper and red peppers into a small dice. Drain the pineapple.
TWO: Soften cream cheese in a large bowl and whip with hand mixer or stand mixer. Add the finely chopped bell pepper and drained crushed pineapple. Stir to combine.
THREE: Add in the green onions, seasoned salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
FOUR: Shape into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour or until firm.
FIVE: When ready to serve, remove from plastic wrap and roll in chopped pecans to coat the outside. Serve with crackers and veggies!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
CAN I MAKE IT AHEAD OF TIME?
You can prep the mixture and form into a ball up to 3 days in advance. Just roll in the nuts when ready to serve.
HOW LONG TO SOFTEN CREAM CHEESE?
It takes about 30 minutes on the counter for the cream cheese to soften. If it still feels cool to the touch and still firm then let it fo another 10-15 minutes.
HOW LONG CAN THE PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL SIT OUT?
Because of the dairy, I wouldn’t let the cheese ball sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
HOW LONG DOES PINEAPPLE CHEESE BALL LAST?
Once made, it will last a few days in the refrigerator. The peppers might release a little water so it might not be as firm as it used to be. You can always serve it as a spread.
CAN I FREEZE IT?
You can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month. I like to roll mine in pecans after I have defrosted it.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- be sure to drain the pineapple really well. Press down on it in the strainer to remove as much water as possible.
- the more bell pepper you add to it the less firm it will be as the peppers release water.
- chill the mixture or the formed cheese ball for 30 minutes to an hour or until it is firm.
- you can add some of the pecans to the inside of the cheese ball if you like or just use them on the outside.
- coat the cheese ball easily by adding a cup of pecans to the bottom of a bowl and setting the cheese ball on top of them. Then press the remaining amount into the top and sides with your hand. You can then roll it around to fill in any open spots.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
With this pineapple cheese ball, you get a sweet and salty combination that everyone will love. Serve it with your favorite crackers or veggies for an easy appetizer.
MORE EASY PARTY FOODS
- Fresh Herb Cream Cheese Dip
- Pineapple Bourbon Lemonade
- Hawaiian Meatballs
- Pineapple Rum Punch
- No Bake Cheesecake Bites
- Hummus with Pineapple
- Other Sweet Cheese Balls
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (minced fine)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (minced fine)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups toasted pecans (chopped)
- Finely chop the green and red bell peppers. Drain the pineapple.
- Soften cream cheese in a large bowl and whip with hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add the finely chopped bell pepper and drained crushed pineapple. Stir to combine.
- Add in the green onions, seasoned salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Shape into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- When ready to serve, remove from plastic wrap and roll in chopped pecans to coat the outside.
- Serve with crackers and veggies.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
Here’s more Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
Starters and Sauce Recipes
- Quick Refrigerator Pickles by Cookaholic Wife
Side Dishes Recipes
- Air Fryer Corn on the Cob by Devour Dinner
- Chow Chow by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Eggplant Raita by Magical Ingredients
- Sauteed Swiss Chard by House of Nash Eats
Main Dish Recipes
- Greek Farro Salad by SueBee Homemaker
- Peach Crisp Popsicles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.