Garlic Parmesan Fries are an upscale way to enjoy everyone’s favorite finger food. Crispy golden fries, tossed in zesty garlic and nutty parmesan cheese, are the best version of a classic!
Table of contents
I can’t think of a better finger food than parmesan and garlic fries. I had these at a burger joint during a trip to Napa a number of years ago and have been dreaming of them ever since.
Not only were they delicious but the flavor stayed with me for days. The chunks of zesty garlic paired so well with the nutty parmesan cheese, I think even ate what didn’t stick to the fries.
I got a lot of funny looks but I didn’t care. They were so freaking good! I want to put that simple mixture on ALL THE THINGS! And I have, but mostly pasta and chicken wings. I know you will love them too!
Why this recipe is awesome
- Oven baked so they are not greasy but CRISPY!
- Works with fresh or frozen fries.
- Perfect side dish for burgers.
- Full of flavor!
- French Fries
- Olive Oil
French Fries – I like to use frozen fries because they are easy and I always have a bag on hand. Make homemade fries if you like.
Garlic – Fresh garlic is best for this recipe but you can use garlic powder in a pinch.
Parmesan – Grating fresh parmesan is best but you can use pre-shredded. I like it finely shredded for easier melting.
Parsley – Fresh parsley works best but you can use dried in a pinch. Fresh dill also works well!
How to make Garlic Parmesan Fries
First: Preheat the oven to package directions. Mix the garlic and oil and garlic in a large bowl with the frozen fries. Toss to coat.
Second: Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for recommended time.
Third: Remove when the fries are done, and place back in the original bowl.
Fourth: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss to coat the fries. Serve warm!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Can I make homemade french fries?
Of course you can. I like the convenience of frozen fries but making them homemade is just as easy. Wash and cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch fries. Soak in ice cold water for 30 minutes to remove the starch for extra crispiness.
Remove from the ice water and pat dry. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425F for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Proceed with the rest of the recipe.
Air Fry: You can also make these in an air fryer. Air fry at 380F for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
Deep Fry: Deep fry according to package directions before adding oil and garlic. Proceed with rest of he recipe instructions.
What to serve with them
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Substitute the olive oil for butter.
- If you like garlic, bake the fries and add the oil and garlic after baking for more punch.
- For extra cheesy fries, add double the amount of cheese and return the fries to the oven for an additional 2 minutes to melt it.
- If making homemade fries, use Russet potatoes for best results.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries are super easy to make with just 5 ingredients and make a tasty snack or side dish to any dish!
More Easy Finger Foods
- 28 ounces frozen french fries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F or according to the package directions.
- Combine the garlic and olive oil in a bowl.
- Toss the frozen french fries in the mixture and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper or foil. Save bowl off to the side.
- Bake the french fries according to package.
- When golden brown and crispy, remove from the oven and place back in the large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in the chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Toss to coat the fries.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Savory Experiments!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 3 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.