Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings cooked in the air fryer are super crispy and coated with rich, nutty cheese and garlicky goodness! Great for game day or a mid week dinner break.
Table of contents
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
Who has two thumbs and loves chicken wings? THIS GIRL!
Now that my son is just as addicted to them, I am making them more often. Usually a purist when it comes to snack foods, this recipe was born out of necessity. As most good things are!
While making wings the other day, I discovered only too late, that I was out of buffalo sauce. Not only that, but I was out of hot sauce to make homemade buffalo sauce. What’s a wing-lovin’ girl to do?
Switch it up!
Thankfully, I was not out of garlic or cheese, so I decided to try my hand at the flavor I see on the menu at our local wing joint. I never order it, because I rarely stray from my faves, but my husband loves it.
Not only were they a hit, but I might have to start ordering my wings half medium, half garlic parmesan from now on!
These wings are just what they say they are. Crispy chicken wings tossed in fresh minced garlic and grated parmesan cheese. And the combo is to die for!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Can you cook wings in an air fryer? Yes! Typically I prefer a deep fried chicken wing. Nothing beats it. But the air fryer is a close second.
Not using a lot of oil gets the skin super crispy and I don’t make a huge mess cooking them. Perfect for my kids to make themselves too.
I used to bake my wings using this method, but to get them as crispy as I like, takes well over an hour. Plus prepping the night before. I need my wing fix quicker than that.
To get you started making your own version of these chicken wings, just grab these few simple ingredients. No store bought sauces required!
- Chicken wings
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan
- Fresh Garlic
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
How to make Garlic Parmesan Wings in the Air Fryer
First: Make the garlic parmesan sauce by combining the garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Second: Toss your chicken wings in olive oil.
Third: Air fry at 390F for 20-30 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Fourth: Toss the wings in the sauce and garnish with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
You can also bake these in the oven at 400F. Just place on a rimmed baking sheet with a wire rack. This allows air to flow around the chicken wing and gets the skin crispy.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Preheat the air fryer so the skin doesn’t stick to the basket.
- For even crispier skin, pat your wings dry and leave them uncovered overnight in the fridge. This helps to dry the skin out even more.
- You can toss the wings in garlic and olive oil and then add the cheese at the end like the recipe states, or you can just mix the cheese in the sauce and air fry the wings plain.
- Serve the sauce on the side instead of tossing the hot wings in it for those who prefer plain wings or like to do their own dipping.
- Make sure to leave space between the wings in the air fryer basket to allow for even cooking.
- For a richer sauce, add a little melted butter to the olive oil and an extra dash of garlic powder.
- Need a little kick to yours? Add red pepper flakes or a dash of hot sauce to the coating mixture.
- If you like yours even more done, start with 20 minutes and add a few minutes to the total cook time.
- Serve these along with these other air fryer recipes!
Can you cook frozen chicken wings in the air fryer?
Yes, you can. Just add extra cooking time and turn them a few times to ensure even cooking.
Make sure the internal temperature reaches 160F before enjoying.
Can you stack chicken wings in the air fryer?
The more skin that is exposed to the air the crispier they will get. I would recommend cooking in batches or using a cooking rack in the fry basket.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This version of air fryer garlic parmesan chicken wings is my favorite and are an absolute crowd pleaser. I feel like they are a “classy” version of everyone’s game day favorite.
More Easy Finger Foods
- 70+ Chicken Wing Recipes
- Crispy Green Herb Chicken Wings
- Sriracha Honey Chicken Wings
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Savory Pie Crust Crackers
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees. Prepare air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place wings in a large bowl.
- Pour oil over wings and toss to coat.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper to the wings and toss again.
- Place wings in air fryer basket with space between to allow air to circulate.
Cook chicken wings 25 to 30 minutes (25 minutes for thawed but closer to 30 minutes for frozen), flipping halfway or until the chicken wings are done.
- Toss cooked chicken wings in grated parmesan cheese before serving.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
If you love this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 493mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 20g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.