If you’re in charge of bringing the sweets to the next party you attend, look no further – this Brownie Batter Dip Recipe will have everyone scraping the bottom of the bowl. It’s an easy recipe to make when you’re looking for a quick sweet fix!
Brownie Batter Dip
If you’re looking for easy party desserts, that’ll be a fan favorite among your friends and family, brownie batter dip is it.
Brownies have been one of the most popular sweet snacks for nearly 100 years, and this dip is the best thing about them. The batter!!
Not only is this a great option for parties, but it’s also perfect to have around the house for when your sweet tooth acts up. It can be made in a matter of minutes, and with only 5 ingredients.
Combining sweet mini chocolate chips with rich cream cheese and salty butter, you and your family are going to love the intense chocolate flavor in this take on edible brownie batter!
Like brownies? Check out my Chocolate Caramel Brownies, Peanut Butter Oreo Brownies, and my sweet and smoky Bacon Salt Brownies.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Cream cheese – I recommend full-fat cream cheese, low fat will make this dip extra soft.
Cool Whip – Cool Whip is able to bring in the texture that you want, along with the powdered sugar taste.
Boxed brownie mix – This can be any mix that you’ve used before and liked
Milk – Whatever your preference, whether that be whole milk, 2%, skim, or even almond milk. You can even use heavy cream.
Mini chocolate chips – You can also use sprinkles or mini M&M’s if you can’t find these.
Items for dipping – Pretzels, graham crackers, shortbread cookies, fruit, or any other delicious combinations of your favorite dippers you can think of.
For more insider tips & tricks, and a candid behind the scenes look follow me on social media! Check use out on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter (yes, people still use Twitter, LOL!)
How to Make Brownie Batter Dip
First: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the Cool Whip. Do not over mix.
Second: Fold in the dry brownie mix, blending as you add it in until the whole thing is combined.
Third: If too thick, slowly stir in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the ideal texture.
Fourth: Chill your chocolate dip until it’s time to serve. Top off your brownie batter with as many mini chocolate chips as your heart desires, and dig in!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What goes best with this delicious dessert dip?
You can use anything that normally goes well with chocolate, but I personally prefer:
- Mini pretzels
- Strawberries or any fresh fruit
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Shortbread Cookies
Can I make this edible brownie dip in advance?
Although we recommend making it fresh whenever possible, our dip can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days after you first make it.
I suggest chilling your brownie batter dip before serving it, or serve it immediately after mixing all the ingredients.
This dip is best stored in an airtight container and lasts for up to 3 days after you make it. You can also cover with plastic wrap.
Can I freeze it?
We don’t recommend freezing this dip because of the ingredients – the texture will not hold up against the cold.
Love to make dips with cream cheese? Check out these delicious cream cheese dip recipes and find a new favorite!
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Soften the cream cheese until close to room temperature for easier mixing.
- Thaw the whipped topping so it mixes smoothly with the cream cheese.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer for best mixing.
- If the dip is too thin, stir in 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or chocolate pudding mix. Too thick, stir in some milk.
- Don’t forget to chill before serving – this is the best way to make sure you have a nice dip consistency that’s solid enough to scoop.
- Stir in peanut butter for another level of flavor. Top with chocolate chips, crumbled chocolate chip cookies, sprinkles, or mini m&m candies.
- Perfect for baby showers, bridal showers, or midnight cravings!
- If you are concerned with eating raw brownie mix, you can solve this with heat treating the
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This Creamy Brownie Batter Dip is fast and easy to make for your next family party or cookout this summer, ready in minutes to enjoy with your favorite sides!
Brownie Batter Dip
This Creamy Brownie Batter Dip is fast and easy to make for your next family party or cookout this summer, ready in minutes to be enjoyed with your favorite sides!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 box (18.3 ounces) fudge brownie mix
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips for garnish (you can also use sprinkles if you can’t find these)
- Items for dipping (pretzels, graham crackers, shortbread cookies, fruit)
- Whip or mix the cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the cool whip without over beating it. It will break down.
- Fold in the brownie mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 259Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 110mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Desserts
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.