If you are looking for that classic cheeseburger taste, this Cheeseburger Dip is sure to please! It’s the perfect cheesy dip for any gathering. Watch it disappear!
Table of contents
If you like trying new dips on game day then this is a must have! Skip all the fancy theme party ideas and make an All American dip that is cheesy and gooey and tastes just like a cheeseburger.
Not only does it have all the hearty flavors of beef and cheese, top it off with diced tomatoes, lettuce, and dill pickles. The whole combination takes like you are holding the real thing but without buns!!
Delicious and creamy, you will be the voted favorite team member when you serve this addicting dip. Watch it disappear in minutes!
Why this recipe is awesome
- Perfect for game day or tailgating!
- Tastes like a cheeseburger and who doesn’t love these?
- One pan Skillet dip for easy cleanup. Check out all my skillet dips!
Ingredients For Cheeseburger Dip
- Ground Beef – Substitute ground turkey or meatless crumbles if desired
- Olive Oil
- Small Yellow Onion – White onion also works well
- Garlic Powder – Use fresh garlic while cooking beef and onions if desired
- Salsa Con Queso Cheese Dip – You can find this in the chip aisle!
- Cheddar Cheese – Sharp cheddar works best!
- Garnishes – Top with sliced green onions, chopped dill pickles, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and toasted sesame seeds for the full burger effect!
For more insider tips & tricks, and a candid behind the scenes look follow me on social media! Check use out on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter (yes, people still use Twitter, LOL!)
How to make Cheeseburger Dip
First: Using a cast iron pan, cook ground beef in oil over medium/medium high heat until brown and no longer pink. Drain on a paper towel if desired.
Second: Lower the heat to medium, add onion, garlic powder and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
Third: Pour in queso dip and bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Place your oven rack 1 above the middle and turn to broil. Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top and broil until the cheese is bubbly (about 2 minutes).
Fourth: Remove and garnish with green onions or chopped pickles, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What else can I use as a dipper option?
- Tostitos tortilla chips (not the thin ones!)
- Kettle cooked chips
- Ruffled potato chips
- Toasted baguette slices.
- For added fun, why not keep with the cheeseburger theme and try some toasted slider buns!?
Can I make this ahead of time?
Make this cheesy hamburger dip ahead of time (minus the cheese topping and broiling) and cool. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Place cheeseburger dip back in the skillet and warm over medium-low heat. When ready to serve, top with shredded cheese and broil.
Can I make this in a slow cooker?
You can certainly make it in a crock pot. Its super easy to double the recipe if you are! Just brown the ground beef and onions. Place in a slow cooker and add the remaining dip ingredients.
Cook on low for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally until everything is melted and gooey! Garnish and keep warm while serving.
How could I make a lighter version of Cheeseburger Dip?
If you’d like your dip a little on the lighter side, you could swap the ground beef for ground turkey. You could also use a reduced fat cheddar cheese for your top cheese layer. Keep in mind low fat cheese melts differently.
Grate your cheese finer and lower your oven rack when broiling. You may need to lengthen your broil time as well.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Substitute Velveeta cheese or Nacho cheese sauce for the queso dip
- Use spicy sausage instead of ground beef for more of a kick.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper if desired.
- Make it Mexican style with chopped green chilies and Mexican cheese.
- Add cooked crispy bacon for a Bacon Cheeseburger Dip!
- This dip disappears fast so you might want to make a double batch!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Serve this hearty skillet Cheeseburger Dip at your next gathering and you will be voted MVP! Easily double the recipe and keep it warm in a slow cooker.
More Easy Recipes
Watch this creamy and hearty Cheeseburger Dip disappear within minutes of serving it! Double the recipe as it won't last long.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (23-ounce) jar of salsa con queso cheese dip
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- Using a cast iron pan, cook ground beef in oil over medium/medium-high heat until brown.
- Lower the heat to medium, add onion, garlic powder and cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Pour in salsa con queso and bring to a boil and then remove from heat.
- Place your oven rack 1 above the middle and turn to broil.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top and broil until the cheese is bubbly (about 2 minutes).
- Remove and garnish with green onions or chopped pickles, if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 20g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.