Air Fryer Zucchini Chips are light, crispy, healthy, and the perfect appetizer or snack! Coated with crunchy Panko and nutty Parmesan cheese, you will not be able to eat just one!
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
If you are a sucker for those delicious zucchini fries you get at the restaurant than you are in luck!
These fried zucchini chips are just like those only crispy and healthy!
Of all the zucchini recipes I enjoy, these are my absolute favorite. Probably because they are easy to make, extra crispy, and are a VEGETABLE!
YES MOM! I’M EATING MY VEGETABLES!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
This recipe has just a few ingredients that comprise the coating but feel free to switch up the flour and spices to fit your liking!
- all-purpose flour
- spices (paprika, salt, pepper)
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Parmesan cheese
How to make Zucchini Chips in the Air Fryer
First: Slice or cut the zucchini into thin chips.
Second: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. In three separate bowls: flour & spices, beaten eggs, Panko & cheese
Third: Coat the slices in three steps in this order: flour mixture, egg, Panko. Place slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil if desired.
Fourth: Air Fry at 400F for 6 to 8 minutes, flipping half way through until chips are crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
Fifth: Enjoy this air fried zucchini warm with your favorite dip and people:)
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How to store them
If you happen to have any leftovers, store them in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
To reheat, pop back in the air fryer for a few minutes to crisp them back up.
Are chips in the air fryer healthy?
Like all vegetables cooked in the air fryer, they are much healthier because you are not using all the extra oil required for deep frying.
What is the best air fryer for chips?
I have had this air fryer for a few years now and love it! You can put the basket in the dishwasher and it’s big enough to hold enough for the whole family. Plus it makes great chips!
How do you cook zucchini so it doesn’t get mushy?
Zucchini has a lot of water in it so you have to cook it properly to keep it from becoming mushy.
A quick roast in the oven or slicing it thin and frying in the air fryer are the best ways.
What goes well with zucchini?
You can serve it as a side dish or an appetizer with a dip. I love a spicy ranch dressing but feel free to use any of these:
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- using a mandoline slicer gives you uniform thickness and allows even cooking.
- add a little garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or cumin to the flour mixture for an extra kick!
- use olive oil if you need to. place it in a bottle for oil spraying like this one.
- don’t have an air fryer, put a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry for a minute or two on each side until golden brown.
- if you don’t have panko, feel free to use regular bread crumbs.
- got lots of zucchini? make this recipe for the best zucchini bread!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
These healthy air fryer zucchini chips make a great afternoon snack that you can enjoy without feeling guilty!
More Party Foods
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Garlic Parmesan Fries
- Fried Pickle Dip
- Crispy Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 2-3 zucchini (thinly sliced appx 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Slice or cut the zucchini into thin chips.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. In three separate bowls: flour & spices, beaten eggs, Panko & cheese.
- Coat the slices in three steps in this order: flour mixture, egg, Panko. Place slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil if desired.
- Air Fry at 400F for 6 to 8 minutes, flipping half way through until chips are crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
- Enjoy this air fried zucchini warm with your favorite dip and people:)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 476mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.