With savory sausage and creamy filling, these easy Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are an amazing party appetizer or a delicious breakfast. The simple ingredients in this make it one of my favorite recipes to make when I want to throw something together on the fly.
Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls Recipe
If you want to find easy appetizer recipes, you’ve come to the right place. These crescent bites are the only thing you need! These are a huge hit, and take only a short amount of time to make the whole recipe.
When it comes to easy recipes, you won’t find anything with as few ingredients as this crescent rolls recipe. Great for making individual servings for breakfast as well.
Serve them with my Sausage Balls, Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket, or with a Pancake Bacon Casserole!
Sausage – Use any sausage crumbles or ground sausage. I use Jimmy Dean, but you can choose pork sausage or different meats as well.
Cream cheese – For a healthier recipe, choose a low fat cream cheese.
Cheese – Personally I use sharp cheddar cheese, but you can use any cheese of your choice.
Crescent rolls – Grab two packages of crescent roll dough from the grocery store (choose reduced-fat crescent rolls for a healthier option).
For more insider tips & tricks, and a candid behind the scenes look follow me on social media! Check use out on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter (yes, people still use Twitter, LOL!)
How To Make Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents
FIRST: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
SECOND: Cook breakfast sausage in a large skillet over low heat to medium heat until no longer pink. Stir in the block of cream cheese, and combine.
THIRD: Cool cooked sausage mixture to room temperature, place in mixing bowl, and stir in cheese.
FOURTH: Unroll first package of crescent rolls and separate the crescent triangles. With a sharp knife, cut crescent dough triangle in half, lengthwise, from the tip to the middle of the wider end.
FIFTH: Add cream cheese mixture to the thick end of dough triangles, rolling before placing on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
SIXTH: Place in oven and bake until browned. Serve by themselves or with a side of maple syrup.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How can I store leftover sausage crescents?
To store these crescent rolls, make sure to place them in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge.
To reheat, remove the air-tight container from the fridge and place in the oven or air fryer for the cook time listed in the recipe. Or until they are thoroughly reheated.
What can I serve with sausage crescent rolls?
These crescent rolls go really well with any other breakfast foods, like scrambled eggs, pancakes, or grits.
I personally love serving these for my parties, and then eating the leftovers the next morning breakfast style, with a side of maple syrup or grape jelly.
Can I make this ahead of time?
This is one of the easiest recipes to make ahead because it has such simple steps. Create your sausage mixture and place in it a small bowl, covering tightly with plastic wrap before placing in the fridge.
When you’re ready to make them, just roll out each crescent ring on your work surface and fill according to the instructions, before baking.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Add a can of Rotel tomatoes for a spicy kick. Be sure to drain them completely.
- If you want a really crispy crescent roll, try cooking on parchment paper as opposed to a greased baking sheet.
- I love to switch out my ground sausage for spicy sausage when I make this for an appetizer, which gives it a little more kick.
- Add in garlic powder and onion powder, along with salt and pepper to transition this dish from a breakfast food to a dinnertime side.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
When it comes to breakfast recipes, you may not immediately think of this cream cheese crescents recipe, but they are a delicious appetizer for a party or a hearty breakfast. This is one of the most wonderful recipes because it only uses 4 ingredients, including brown sausage, a creamy cheese blend of shredded and cream cheese, and golden brown crescent rolls. I’ve found this a great way to make a fun appetizer and eat the leftovers for breakfast the next day!
Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
Only 4 ingredients, including brown sausage, a creamy cheese blend of shredded and cream cheese, and golden brown crescent rolls.
- 1 pound ground sausage (cooked)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground pork sausage until no longer pink.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Set aside to cool.
- Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Open the cans of crescent rolls and separate the triangles.
- Cut each one in half, lengthwise, starting from the short end.
- Place a teaspoon of the sausage mixture on the short end of the roll.
- Roll up and place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue rolling until they are all done.
- Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 2 rolls
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 293mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Finger Foods
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.