All of the flavors of the amazing candy bar, this Almond Joy Cheese Ball is a mix of toasted coconut and almonds with a gooey fudge center! Serve it with chocolate animal crackers for even more dessert fun!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
I recently told you about my love of Almond Joy candy bars when I made my Almond Joy Rice Krispies Treat Squares. I mean, what’s not to love with coconut, almonds, and chocolate? So I am bringing those same glorious flavors in a cheese ball this time.
A dessert cheese ball!
Oh, and did I say it was a STUFFED dessert cheese ball? Are you drooling yet?
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
DESSERT CHEESE BALL
Before we get to the stuffed part of the Almond Joy cheese ball, let’s talk about sweet cheese balls in general. When I hear the words cheese ball, I initially think of savory cheese balls and sitting around at a party with crackers and wine.
Savory, spicy, and maybe a little salty are all great qualities of a cheese ball, but what about dessert? Parties need desserts too, right?
Can you have a cheese ball for dessert? I don’t know about you but I can! Dessert should never be overlooked so why not have a sweet cheese ball for dessert?
I have a Breakfast Cheese Ball so why not go all in?!?!
I seem to have a lot of questions regarding desserts, don’t I?
STUFFED CHEESE BALL
The best part of this cheese ball, aside from all the Almond Joy flavors of coconut and almonds, is the chocolate. And when I say chocolate I mean fudge sauce!
Almond Joy candy bars are traditionally robed in milk chocolate, unlike Mounds Bars that have dark chocolate. For the Almond Joy cheese ball, I wanted to really up the chocolate factor a bit.
The only way I feel I could do it justice is to stuff the cheese ball with a gooey, chocolately, fudge sauce.
WWHHHAAATTT?!?! A Gooey, chocolatey, fudgy center?
HOW DO YOU STUFF A DESSERT CHEESE BALL?
I thought about how to get the fudge sauce into the Almond Joy cheese ball and not have a huge mess! I looked to see if anyone else has done this and I found a Pecan Pie Cheese Ball that was similar. Holly layered hers with a method I figured I could modify a bit to get the fudge sauce in the center.
Here are the steps to get your fudge sauce in the Almond Joy Cheese Ball or any stuffed cheese ball.
- Mix the ingredients for the outside of the cheese ball.
- Spread it onto parchment paper in a circle about 6 inches in diameter. It helps to use a non-stick parchment paper but if you don’t have that you can use wax paper. You can also spray a little non-stick spray on the paper before you spread out the cheese ball to help get it off the paper easier.
- Place it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from the fridge and spoon whatever you’re stuffing the cheese ball into the center. In this case, it is fudge sauce.
- Slowly scrape the edges of the outside of the cheese ball up and over the center ingredient.
- Little by little bring up the sides until you have the center ingredient encased in the cheese ball outsides.
- Wrap the cheese ball in parchment paper or wax paper and place back in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Now you are ready to coat the outside with whatever additional toppings you may want to add.
I applied these steps with the Almond Joy Cheese Ball in this recipe.
Or you can just eat a candy bar all by itself like I do every now and then when I need a pick me up in the afternoon. A Twix bar is a great way to satisfy my craving and not go all out with a ton of calories.
Or one of the Almond Joy bars in the package and then I can save the other one for later or the next day. Sometimes I pop it in the freezer as a cool treat too.
My Almond Joy Cheese Ball is a great addition to any party, even a dessert party! Just grab some chocolate animal crackers, graham crackers, or even some shortbread cookies!
If you are a candy bar lover like me, my Almond Joy Cheese Ball with toasted almonds, toasted coconut, and a gooey fudge center is perfect for you and your next party!
OTHER APPETIZERS AND PARTY FOOD TO TRY
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/3 cup fudge sauce (prepared)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (outside)
Prepare the outside of the cheese ball
- Combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread in a 6-inch circle on a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup toasted coconut chips.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and place the fudge sauce in the center of the cream cheese mixture leaving a 2-inch border.
- Slowly scrape the cream cheese mixture off the parchment paper and fold over the top of the fudge sauce enclosing the fudge sauce in the center of the ball.
- Wrap the cheese ball back up into the parchment paper and chill for another 10 minutes.
When ready to serve, coat the cheese ball
- Sprinkle the remaining toasted coconut, toasted almonds, and mini chocolate chips on a plate.
- Mix to combine.
- Remove the cheese ball from the fridge.
- Remove the parchment paper and roll the cheese ball in the toppings to coat the outside of the ball.
- Place on a platter and serve with chocolate cookies or animal crackers.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 154mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 4g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.