This Mango Passion fruit Wine Slushie is sweet and tart and perfect for afternoon sipping!
Made with just a few ingredients it’s ready in just minutes!
If you can’t escape to the tropics for a vacation, a Mango Passion fruit Wine Slushie will make you feel a whole lot better. Bringing all the delicious flavors of a beachside paradise into your kitchen is the perfect way to escape to your own personal island (without worrying about sand and crabs pinching your toes!).
Grab your blender and some glasses and let’s get this delicious frozen drink put together! You probably have just about everything already, but don’t worry if you don’t, you can easily grab remaining ingredients and a bottle of white wine and whip this up in no time.
I’m ready to have a sweating, ice cold, frozen drink in my hand, are you?
Picking a bottle of wine for this wine slushie is probably the hardest part of making it. You can reach for your favorite wine, or branch out and try something new without feeling like you will waste a bottle if you don’t like it.
Since you will be mixing it with fruit and honey and blending it together, if you try a sample glass and don’t like it the drink will still be delicious! You can try a fruit flavored white wine or go with a sweet variety with a Moscato or Riesling.
If you like a little less sweet and more dry go with a bottle of Chenin Blanc or Pinot Grigio, maybe a Sauvignon Blanc too. Whatever kind of white wine you like or want to try will be a flavorful addition to this delicious frozen drink recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
MANGO WINE SLUSHIE INGREDIENTS
- passion fruit pulp
- bottle of wine (white is best)
- Cointreau (or triple sec)
- ice for blending
Mango – make sure the mango are tender but not squishy. Here is a link to a video on how to peel one. Feel free to use frozen mango if you like.
Passion Fruit – Here is a video on how to open and remove the pulp from the whole fruit.
Wine – White wine is best for this and I recommend a Sauvignon blanc but a Riesling or a Moscato will be great too!
Honey – Feel free to substitute agave syrup or a simple syrup instead of honey.
Cointreau – This is a delicious orange liqueur but if you don’t have it feel free to use triple sec or other orange liqueur. If you want to leave it out you can substitute orange juice too.
HOW TO MAKE WINE SLUSHIES WITH MANGO
ONE: Chill the serving glasses.
TWO: Put the mango, passion fruit, wine, honey, and Cointreau into the pitcher of a blender and blend until smooth.
THREE: Pour into chilled glasses and garnish with mint or lime. Enjoy chilled!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
REASONS TO MAKE THIS DELICIOUS FROZEN DRINK
- minimal ingredients
- made in just a few minutes
- uses real fruit and no fake sugar
- so light & refreshing
- flavorful (sweet & tart!)
CAN YOU FREEZE WINE INTO ICE CUBES?
Wine has a lower alcohol content or alcohol by volume (ABV) so it can freeze unlike other liquor or cordials. I like to freeze wine and use in the summer to keep my wine from diluting.
HOW DO YOU MAKE WINE SLUSHIES WITHOUT A BLENDER?
You can freeze the fruit and wine in a large baking pan. Every few hours, scrape with a fork until the whole batch is done.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- You can also use frozen passion fruit pulp or frozen mango instead of fresh. Frozen fruit will keep you from having to use ice as well.
- I used sauvignon blanc for this recipe. If you pick a sweeter white wine such as a riesling or moscato omit the honey and add it at the end if needed.
- White wine is best, I do not recommend red wine for this recipe.
- If it is not sweet enough, a dash of simple syrup will help!
- You can garnish with lemon slices, fresh mint sprigs or lime wedges.
- Freeze the wine and skip the ice to keep it from being diluted. Pour the wine into an ice cube tray the night before and freeze until ready to use. Fun frozen wine cubes!!
- Chill your wine glasses ahead of time or toss some ice cubes in the serving glasses until ready to use. Then simply remove the ice cubes and add the wine slushy.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Pull out the blender, grab your wine and fruit and let’s get some delicious frozen wine slushies going!
Let us know what you chose for your wine (did you try something new and adventurous?) and if you added anything to make yours unique.
Did your friends and family enjoy this recipe? Share it with them, maybe they would like to try it at home too!
MORE PARTY FOODS
- watermelon wine slushie
- pink passion party punch
- mango margarita
- 140+ delicious dips
- fruity margaritas
- vodka lemonade slush
MANGO PASSION FRUIT WINE SLUSHIE RECIPE
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Passion fruit (pulp only)
- 1 Bottle (750ml) white wine
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Cup Cointreau
- 2 1/2 Cups ice
- Chill your serving glasses.
- Place the mango, passion fruit, wine, honey, and Cointreau into the pitcher of
- a high powered blender and process until smooth.
- Add the ice and process until it gets a slushie texture, around 1 minute.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 8gSugar: 30gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.