This sweet and tart Lemon Drop Dazzler is made with vodka, fresh lemon juice, and sparkling water. Light and refreshing like a with all the bright lemon flavor you love!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
LEMON DROP DAZZLER
Lemons always brighten my day! The health benefits of lemons are numerous but quite frankly I just love the smell and color! It’s even Feng Shui to have a bowl in your house with citrus.
There is some argument as to which citrus (orange, lemon, lime) and how many (7,9) so you might as well get at least ten oranges, limes, and lemons.
If you can’t figure out how many to have, just keep more than the maximum on hand and use any extra for cocktails!
This fun and bubbly beverage is made of limoncello, prosecco, and lemonade for all the lemon goodness you like! One of my other favorite lemon cocktails is a throwback to my college days. The Lemon Drop.
More precisely, the lemon drop shot. I drank wayyyyyy toooooo many of these acting like I was cool in a college bar and learned, not quickly enough, that sipping cocktails is better for me than doing numerous strong shots.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
TWO WAYS TO ENJOY A LEMON DROP
- a Lemon Drop Martini
- a Lemon Drop Shot
Let’s start with the shot because that is what I started with in college. What exactly is in a lemon drop?
LEMON DROP INGREDIENTS
- Lemon Flavored Vodka
- Lemon Juice
- Sugar on the rim of the shot glass
- Lemon Wedge for sucking on after the shot is taken
These fun shots are made in large quantities in a cocktail shaker and poured into multiple shot glasses so you and all your friends can partake together.
There isn’t any water in these shots so make sure you hydrate between shots if you plan on taking more than one.
HOW TO MAKE A LEMON DROP DAZZLER
FIRST: Zest the lemons before you juice them. Combine the sugar and lemon zest. Juice your lemon and use the lemon to wet the rim of your glass. Dip your glass rim into the lemon zest sugar. You can make your lemon twist garnishes from the peel so nothing is wasted.
SECOND: In a cocktail shaker, add the lemon juice, vodka, and simple syrup. Shake to mix.
THIRD: Fill the garnished glasses with ice. Divide the mix between the 3 glasses.
FOURTH: Top with lemon sparkling water. Garnish with lemon peel twists and enjoy!
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- It’s all about the lemons! I prefer Meyer lemons because they are little sweeter and less tart but use what you have.
- Use ALL parts of the lemon. I zest the lemon for the rimming sugar. I save a part unzested to make my lemon twist garnish. Then I juice the lemon after that to get the fresh juice for the cocktail.
- Use a plain vodka, not a lemon one because the lemon in the vodka (unless homemade) can interfere with the fresh lemon juice and zest.
- Use a simple syrup that is unflavored for the same reason or use one that is spicy like a jalapeño simple syrup because it enhances the lemon flavor and not the acidity.
- Use a good juicer to extract all the juice and reduce the number of lemons you have to use.
- Shake your ingredients (minus the sparkling water) in a cocktail shaker to blend completely!
- A pretty glass is best!
For my Lemon Drop Dazzler, I will keep the spirit of the martini going but only in my choice of glass.
A stemless martini glass is a great way to serve this beverage but if you are sipping it down by the pool you might want to opt for a larger, sturdier, and maybe shatter-proof drinking vessel.
I love my Yeti cup for this to keep it cool but also because it holds 2 of them:)
My Lemon Drop Dazzler is perfect for reminiscing about college years, sipping a bright cocktail with less sugar, or refreshing you poolside with all the bubbles!
MORE PARTY FOOD AND DRINKS
- 3 oz vodka
- 2 ounces lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 12 ounces lemon flavored sparkling water (I prefer Lacroix but use your favorite)
Make the lemon sugar garnish
- Zest your lemons before you juice them.
- Combine the sugar and lemon zest.
- Juice your lemon and use the lemon to wet the rim of your glass.
- Dip your glass rim into the lemon zest sugar.
- You can make your lemon twist garnishes from the peel so nothing is wasted.
Prepare the Lemon Drop Dazzler
- In a cocktail shaker, add the lemon juice, vodka, and simple syrup.
- Shake to mix.
- Fill the garnished glasses with ice.
- Divide the mix between the 3 glasses.
- Top with lemon sparkling water.
- Garnish with lemon peel twists and enjoy!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.