This Kiwi Mint Mojito brings the sweet and tart flavors of fresh kiwi and bright mint with a white rum. Perfect for front porch sitting or poolside sunbathing!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Let’s talk mojitos for a moment. This classic cocktail, born in Havana, Cuba, is completely underrated in my opinion! I’m not usually one for a rum drink unless I am in the Caribbean itself because they make the most amazing rum, but a good mojito can really convert me to a full-time rum girl.
Tequila is my vice of choice these days and you could make a “Mexican” mojito with tequila but because of the mint, I would not recommend it. Let’s stick with the rum!
CLASSIC MOJITO RECIPE
A classic mojito recipe consists of 8 mint leaves, 1 ounce of lime juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 ounces white rum, topped off with club soda.
You start by muddling the mint leaves and lime wedges where you get your juice together. Muddling releases the oils from the mint leaves and lime peel to get the “juices” flowing.
Then you add more lime wedges and sugar and muddle again. The texture of the sugar helping to break them down even more.
Next, you add some ice, pour in your rum, and top with club soda. Stir and enjoy, right?
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
KIWI MINT MOJITO INGREDIENTS
- mint leaves
- fresh lime juice
- jalapeño simple syrup
- white rum
- sparkling water
- Mint leaves for garnish
HOW TO MAKE A KIWI MINT MOJITO
FIRST: In a tall glass or cocktail shaker, place the kiwi slices, reserving a few for garnishing, and muddle or smash with a spoon until only a few pieces remain. Divide the muddled kiwi between two cocktail glasses.
SECOND: Add ice to the glasses. In the shaker, add the lime juice, mint leaves, and jalapeño simple syrup. Muddle the mint leaves in the juices. Stir or shake to combine.
THIRD: Add the rum and mix one more time. Divide this mixture into the two glasses with kiwi and ice.
FOURTH: Pour 4 ounces sparkling water into each glass. Garnish with kiwi slices and a few mint sprigs. Enjoy!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- Don’t muddle the limes in the glass, the white pith can get bitter. Juice separately and then add a wedge for a garnish.
- I always make a simple syrup for my cocktails and even my iced tea.
- Use a muddler or a spoon to mash the kiwi first and add that to the cocktail glasses.
- If you are not a jalapeño fan, then just use plain simple syrup or Rose’s Sweetened Lime Juice.
- Use a cocktail shaker and strain out the lime wedges and mint leaves, the only exception being fresh fruit like in this kiwi mint mojito.
- If you like club soda, by all means, use it. I find it has a salty taste to it so I prefer sparkling water. Plus then I feel healthy because I am getting more water in my body:)
*Pro Party Tip* If you are serving tea, make it all unsweet and add a little jar of plain simple syrup to the table so people can sweeten their own tea and you don’t have to have two pitchers of tea! This also works for cocktails too. Some like theirs sweeter than others.
MORE EASY APPETIZERS
- 3 kiwi (peeled, sliced)
- 7 mint leaves
- 1.5 ounces fresh lime juice (3 tablespoons)
- 2 ounces jalapeño simple syrup (see notes)
- 2 ounces white rum
- 8 ounces sparkling water (lime flavored)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a tall glass or cocktail shaker, place the kiwi slices, reserving a few for garnishing, and muddle or smash with a spoon until only a few pieces remain.
- Divide the muddled kiwi between two cocktail glasses.
- Add ice to the glasses.
- In the shaker, add the lime juice, mint leaves, and jalapeño simple syrup.
- Muddle the mint leaves in the juices.
- Stir or shake to combine.
- Add the rum and mix one more time.
- Divide this mixture into the two glasses with kiwi and ice.
- Pour 4 ounces sparkling water into each glass.
- Garnish with kiwi slices and a few mint sprigs.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 6gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.