Sparkling Champagne Jello Shots are perfect for celebrating any occasion!
Made with sparkling lemonade, bubbly dry champagne, and a hint of vodka, these festive shots make the best party treat.
Make these for a glamorous gathering and garnish with edible glitter, whipped cream, or gold and silver sanding sugar.
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Hello jello shots!!
I am WAY past celebrating like a freshman but I still like to give it the old “college try!”
And what better way to bring me back to school but to whip up a few jello shots?!
But now that I am older, and can afford to splurge just a little, I always wondered if I can make jello shots with champagne.
Lo and behold, you certainly can!
Paired here with sparkling lemonade, you can mix it up with any fizzy drink if you prefer. Try them with ginger ale, lemon lime soda, or stick with the champagne in this recipe.
The best part is the garnish. Jazz up these “fancy” jello shots to match the theme of your celebration (think New Year’s Eve or the Oscars) with edible glitter, gold leaf, pop rock candy, and some whipped cream!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHAMPAGNE JELLO SHOTS
- unflavored gelatin
- sparkling lemonade
HOW TO MAKE JELLO SHOTS WITH CHAMPAGNE
ONE: In a small saucepan, combine the sparkling lemonade with the water and gelatin powder. Whisk to combine and wait for the foam to subside.
TWO: Turn the heat on low and continue to whisk until the mixture starts to simmer, but do not boil.
THREE: Remove from heat and stir in the vodka and champagne. Pour into shot glass or cups. Place in the refrigerator to set for up to 3 hours.
FOUR: Remove when ready to serve and garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles, edible gold leaf, or pop candy. Enjoy Responsibly!
These are so fun! You can make them in small cups, pour them into different shapes using a silicone mold, or make a flat pan and cut out using cookie cutters.
CAN I GET DRUNK ON JELLO SHOTS?
It will take a lot of jello shots to get drunk. Approximately 4 two ounce jello shots equals 1 shot of straight booze.
So please enjoy responsibly!
HOW LONG DO JELLO SHOTS LAST?
These will last in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. Giving you plenty of time to make them ahead of your party!
HOW MUCH ALCOHOL CAN I PUT IN JELLO SHOTS?
Usually a 1/4 of the total volume of liquid is the correct amount for jello shots.
Rule of thumb 1 cup mixer, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup liquor. Plus the powdered gelatin.
Don’t get too crazy, too much alcohol will keep your gelatin from setting and you will end up with vodka/jello soup.
Great tasting, but not what you want to serve at your party!
WHICH VODKA IS BEST FOR JELLO SHOTS?
Most vodkas will work the same so I would go with your favorite one.
You don’t have to have the most expensive vodka on the market but don’t get the cheapest either. You will have a horrible headache if you do!
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR JELLO SHOTS TO SET IN THE FRIDGE?
1 ounce shots will usually take roughly 2 hours to set so make sure you make them far enough in advance.
HOW DO YOU MAKE JELLO SHOTS THAT DON’T STICK?
A light spray or spritz of a non-stick cooking spray in the shot glasses or cups helps the jello shot to pop out easier.
Just be sure that you use a spray thats not flavored. Butter flavored jellos shots might not be what you’re looking for.
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED:
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- you can make them with flavored gelatin too, not just plain
- switch up your spirit and use rum, tequila, or vodka
- if you make your shots in a muffin pan, dip the bottom in hot water to loosen the shots. They will pop out easier.
- if you make them in cups and they stick, you can run a toothpick around the edges to loosen them before serving.
- you can prepare a large pan of the mixture and cut it into squares as a different way to serve them. Just be sure to cut with a wet knife to keep it from sticking.
- experiment with other candies and sprinkles for different occasions.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
These fun and fancy jello shots, made with bubbly champagne, will have you celebrating New Year’s Eve, or any occasion, in style!
MORE EASY PARTY FOODS
- Cherry Pretzel Salad Dip
- Blueberry Vodka Champagne Cocktail
- Strawberry Pretzel Stacks
- German Chocolate Cake Shot
- Salty Dog Shots
- 1 cup sparkling lemonade
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 packets of unflavored gelatin (0.5 ounces total powder)
- 3/4 cup champagne
- 1/4 cup vodka
- In a small saucepan, combine the sparkling lemonade powder with the water and gelatin powder.
- Whisk to combine and wait for the foam to subside.
- Turn the heat to low and continue to whisk until the mixture starts to simmer, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vodka and champagne. Pour into shot glass or cups. Place in the refrigerator to set for up to 3 hours.
- Remove when ready to serve and garnish with whipped cream, sprinkles, edible gold leaf, or pop candy.
- Enjoy Responsibly!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 shot
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 31Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.