An Ice Cream Board is the coolest summer dessert idea you can find! It is full of color, full of flavor, and you honestly can’t mess it up! A sundae party is the perfect warm-weather sweet treat for kids and adults!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Think of an ice cream board like an ice cream sundae bar. You get to make your very own sundae by choosing from a variety of ice cream cones, different ice cream flavors, all the sundae toppings you can think of, and dig into deliciousness!
Maybe you are hosting a get-together or a birthday party and you are in serious need of ideas on how to make your guest happy and satisfied. This is the perfect idea for your sundae-themed party!
Oh! And you know those people that like their ice cream plain jane and then you have those people who want all the gummy worms, marshmallow cream, and hot fudge on top of their pistachio ice cream?
Well, an ice cream board is a great way to make sure everyone gets their favorite ice cream sundae at the same time!
I don’t know about you, but I scream for ice cream!!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
ICE CREAM BAR IDEAS
- Ice Cream (pints work best on a board but you can also scoop it into serving bowls)
- Waffle Bowls/Ice Cream Cones
- Strawberry Sauce, Hot Fudge Sauce, Caramel Sauce
- Fruit (Strawberries, Blueberries, Red Raspberries, Blackberries, Bananas, Peaches)
- Whipped Cream
- Marshmallow Sauce
- Maraschino Cherries
- Yogurt Pretzels
- Nuts (pecans, walnuts, peanuts, almonds)
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cookies (M&M cookies, wafer cookies, sandwich cookies,)
- Candies (thin peanut butter cups, gummy worms, taffy, gummy rings, Mike & Ikes, mini chewy tarts, Swedish fish, etc.)
While these are just a bit of my favorite ice cream sundae toppings that you can use, feel free to use your family’s favorites to complete this ice cream sundae bar.
I like a drizzle of chocolate sauce and a sprinkle of salt on my ice cream depending on the flavor!
HOW TO ASSEMBLE AN ICE CREAM SUNDAE BAR
ONE: Start with a large board. Preferably one with a lip or rim to hold toppings in. Place cans where you want the ice cream pints to go and place bowls where the sauces will go.
TWO: Start adding in larger sized items like cones and waffle bowls. You can choose to leave these off or serve beside the board. Fill in the remaining space with toppings, candies, cookies, etc.
THREE: When ready to serve, replace the placeholder cans with pints of ice cream and serve immediately!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
WHAT IS THE MOST POPULAR ICE CREAM TOPPING?
Hot Fudge is the ultimate ice cream topping. You can add it to any flavor and it makes them all 10x better! I mean can you really go wrong with warm fudge dripping all over ice cream?
HOW MUCH ICE CREAM DO I NEED FOR A SUNDAE BAR?
It really depends on the number of people you are serving. I use 3 pints of assorted flavors for 8-10 people (about 1 pint per 2-3 people) So just adjust your numbers accordingly.
CAN I PRE-SCOOP THE ICE CREAM?
Yes, you can pre-scoop the ice cream into bowls. This might cause the ice cream to melt a bit quicker, but it does make for quick and easy serving.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- Use placeholder cans to keep a space for the ice cream which is the star of the show.
- Place all the candies in small plastic bags on the board and just empty out when ready to serve.
- Choose a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings so there is something for everyone.
- Keep the ice cream frozen until ready to serve.
- Use these ice cream scoopers for different serving options.
- Use a large enough board to fit lots of different options.
- Serve the ice cream in small mason jars if you want to leave off the cones:)
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
If you’re planning your next birthday party or get-together and searching for food ideas, I’ve got you covered! This sundae bar idea is perfect for an ice cream party and will take care of dessert.
Other snack board options to try!
- Summer Antipasto Platter
- Cheese Board
- The Best Relish Tray
- Easiest Crudites Platter Ever!
- Christmas Snack Platter
- Hummus Meze Mediterranean Tapas Platter
- Fruit & Cheese Platter
- Summer Snack Board
- 3 pints ice cream (assorted flavors)
- 8 Waffle cone bowls
- 8 Ice cream cones
- 1 cup Strawberry sauce
- 1 cup Hot fudge sauce
- 1 cup Caramel sauce
- Red Raspberries
- 1/2 cup Yogurt pretzels
- 1 cup Whipped cream
- 1/2 cup Maraschino cherries
- 1 cup nuts
- 1/2 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup Assorted cookies
- 1 cup Assorted candies
- Start with a large board. Preferably one with a lip or rim to hold toppings in.
- Place cans where you want the ice cream pints to go and place bowls where the sauces will go.
- Start adding in larger sized items like cones and waffle bowls. You can choose to leave these off or serve beside the board.
- Fill in the remaining space with toppings, candies, cookies, etc.
- When ready to serve, replace the placeholder cans with pints of ice cream and serve immediately!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 348mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 3gSugar: 41gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.