This post is sponsored by the Be the Best You promotion at Publix. The opinions and text are all mine.
Breakfast Nachos are a unique and delicious way to start your busy day. Crispy homemade tortilla chips, topped with melted cheese, smoky turkey bacon, and over-medium eggs makes breakfast fun for the whole family!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day (according to my mom) but it can be a bit boring.
I am one for eating leftovers from the previous night’s dinner because nothing seems exciting or fun.
Instead of feeling blah about breakfast, make it fun! Take Two Tapas is all about fun party foods, and breakfast is no exception.
Nachos are my favorite party food, hands down. Not just because they are easy, but because they are totally customizable with your favorite toppings.
And just because they are considered “party food” doesn’t mean that I can’t feel good about eating them.
Getting a delicious and fun breakfast, especially one that I can share with family, helps me to be a better wife and mother. Start your day with these breakfast nachos and Be the Best You today!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
BREAKFAST NACHOS INGREDIENTS
- Mission Tortillas
- Godshall’s turkey bacon
- Vital Farms Pasture-Raised eggs
- Bertolli olive oil
- Sir Kensington’s special sauce
HOW TO MAKE BREAKFAST NACHOS
ONE: Start by making the homemade tortilla chips. Preheat the oven to 350F 375F. Cut your tortillas into wedges. Brush each one with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes until crispy.
TWO: Build the nachos. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread out half the tortilla chips. Sprinkle them with shredded cheese.
THREE: Add the remaining chips, sprinkle more cheese. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Break 6 eggs over the top of the nachos gently to avoid breaking.
FOUR: Bake on the lowest rack for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the eggs are done to your liking. Remove from the oven.
FIVE: Drizzle with special sauce, garnish with cilantro, parsley, green onions, and/or avocado. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
You can also prepare these in a cast iron skillet. Just follow the same recipe steps but use a 10 inch oven safe skillet.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
ARE CHILAQUILES NACHOS?
They have the same ingredients but are prepared differently. Nachos are typically crispy tortilla chips with toppings.
Chilaquiles are soft tortillas that are cooked in with the other ingredients. These are typically eaten in a skillet or dish with a fork.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO LAYER NACHOS?
For maximum cheesy-ness, layer some chips then cheese. Then place a second layer of chips and cheese on top.
WHAT TOPPINGS DO YOU PUT ON NACHOS?
- bacon/breakfast sausage
- black beans
- sour cream
- lime wedges
That’s the beauty of nachos! You can add your favorite toppings or have multiple combinations of toppings all on the same sheet pan.
My family likes to choose sections of the pan and top our nachos with our individual likes:)
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- prepare your baking sheet with foil or parchment paper to make clean up easy.
- don’t bake your tortilla chips too long or they will be over cooked once you make the nachos.
- if you prefer to use scrambled eggs, make them separately and then layer them on the chips. Place them under the cheese to keep them from drying out or burning.
- you can also pan fry your eggs in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and then place them on the nachos once they come out of the oven.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Breakfast, the first meal of the day, should not help you Be the Best You all day long, but be fun and delicious!
MORE FINGER FOODS
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli Olive Oil
- 2 packages Mission Carb Balance Tortillas (8 ounces each - 16 tortillas)
- 12 ounces shredded cheese (I used a Mexican cheese blend)
- 1 package Godshall's Bacon Pre-cooked, 3 ounces (chopped)
- 6 Vital Farms Pasture Raised Eggs (large)
- 3 tablespoons Sir Kensington's Special Sauce
- 1 large Roma tomato (diced)
- 1/2 medium avocado (sliced)
- 4 lime wedges
- cilantro for garnish
Make the homemade tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice each tortilla into 6 wedges.
- Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake at 350F for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, flip the chips, lightly brush again with olive oil.
- Return to the oven and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
Make the breakfast nachos
- Increase oven temperature to 375F. Place rack on lowest setting in the oven.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spread the homemade tortilla chips on the baking sheet.
- Cover with cheese.
- Top with bacon.
- Make 6 small wells in the cheese and crack an egg in each one.
- Place baking sheet carefully in oven on the lowest rack.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the eggs are done do your liking.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with diced tomatoes, sliced avocado, lime wedges, cilantro, and the special sauce as desired.
- Enjoy this easy breakfast recipe!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 313Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 511mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.