Watermelon Pizza is fresh sliced melon topped with a LIGHT and CREAMY cheesecake frosting and lots of fresh fruit. This makes it a HEALTHY DESSERT pizza!
Table of contents
Did you know that watermelons are 91% water? I know the name was a dead giveaway but that is a lot of hydration!
Perfect for when the weather gets hot but you still want to be outside in the sun. Fresh melons are a great way to stay hydrated and enjoy all that yummy flavors of summer.
Other than just sinking my teeth into a wedge of fresh cut watermelon, one of my favorite watermelon desserts of all time is a watermelon pizza!
What is Watermelon Pizza?
Just as simple as this. Thick slices of fresh melon, cut in wedges, and topped with sweet sauce and fresh fruit.
Just like regular pizza only FRESH and SWEET!
It reminds me of a rich and decadent cheesecake but with fewer calories which is always a good thing.
And with all the extra fruit on top, you will be getting in plenty of vitamins and nutrients.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
How to Pick a Watermelon
- The melon should be symmetrical, regardless of round or oval, and free of dents and cuts.
- The melon should feel heavy for it’s look and size
- A ripe watermelon will sound hollow when thumped or tapped
- A large yellow spot (or called a field spot) where it sat on the ground, should be a light, creamy yellow color when ripe. Do not pick it if the spot is white.
- See that it has a firm thick rind.
- Pick on with a dried stem. If it is green it was harvested too early.
How to Make a Watermelon Pizza
SLATHER with creamy cheesecake sauce.
TOP with fresh fruit and other edible treats.
When it comes to topping your pizza, just add all your favorite treats! Here are a few of mine!
Watermelon Pizza Toppings
- Red Raspberries
- Dragon Fruit
- Mint Leaves
- Chopped Nuts
- Edible Flowers (I found some at my local grocery store)
Can I make this ahead of time?
You can slice the watermelon ahead of time (no more than a day), just be sure to wrap the slices/wedges tightly in plastic wrap.
Top with sauce and other toppings just before serving.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Make sure your knife is very sharp as not to slip while cutting the melon.
- If you want to make it no sugar added, leave out the powdered sugar, or substitute an artificial sweetener like this one.
- For an even lighter version, use fat free cream cheese and fat free yogurt.
- You can substitute frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip) for the Greek yogurt if you have it.
- I wouldn’t cut the watermelon too far in advance. Once the melon is cut the juice will continue to run out.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This fruit pizza is and easy summer dessert that is gluten-free, healthy, and very kid friendly.
More Easy Finger Foods
- Air Fryer Potato Chips
- Apple Sangria
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Pizza Nachos
- Watermelon Wine Slushie
- Southern Tapas Menu
- Lemonade Cake
- Margarita Fruit Salad
Watermelon Pizza base
- 1 large watermelon, seedless
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- chopped nuts
- mint leaves
- edible flowers
Make the cream sauce
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add yogurt and orange juice, beat until combined.
- Add powdered and slowly mix in until completely smooth.
- Cover and place in refrigerator to chill while preparing fruit
Prepare Watermelon for pizza
- Slice watermelon about 2-3 inches thick, cut into pie shape sections.
- Spoon and spread a couple tablespoons of cream sauce on each slice.
- Garnish with toppings of your choice.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.