Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels are a great appetizer for any party, no bake snack, or light lunch even the picky eater in your family will love.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
When I am thinking of the perfect appetizer for my game day spread, I always include some pinwheels.
They are easy to put together, great for using up leftover chicken, and are loved by the whole family. And our friends and family too:)
Just a quick mix of the filling, spread on the tortillas, wrap and chill. Slice when ready to serve. Not only are they delicious but pretty to look at!
Mix things up and use a flavored tortilla like a spinach or chipotle flavored wrap.
Not just for parties, these delicious pinwheels are fun to pack in your kid’s lunchbox or take them in to the office when you need a protein packed lunch!
More Pinwheel Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Tortillas – Large flour tortilla (burrito size). Try a flavored tortilla wrap if you like.
Cream cheese – Plain cream cheese, softened.
Seasoning – Ranch seasoning or a combination of dill, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Chicken – Use cooked chicken breast diced or shredded.
Cheese – Sharp cheddar cheese or your favorite.
Bacon – Cooked bacon roughly chopped.
Green onions - Sliced scallions or chives.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pinwheels
Second: Lay out the three tortillas. Divide the cream cheese mixture between the three tortillas and spread into an even layer.
Third: Sprinkle each tortilla with ⅓ of the bacon pieces and green onions. Starting on one edge, roll tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
Fourth: Chill for at least one hour. Remove plastic wrap and slice with a serrated knife. Serve!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
How long do chicken pinwheels last?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Place a paper towel in the container to absorb any excess moisture.
What do you eat with pinwheels?
How do you wrap pinwheels?
- Start by making sure the spread is all the way to the edges of the tortilla.
- Next, sprinkle all the fillings over the tortilla, leaving 1/2 inch from the edge clear.
- Take one edge and start rolling. Be sure to roll as tightly as possible. Secure with toothpicks if you need to but the spread should help the tortilla to stick to itself.
- Wrap in plastic wrap to keep it from drying out.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
How do you keep pinwheels from getting soggy?
- Don’t use fillings that are high in water content.
- Be sure to use a spread to keep the tortilla from getting wet.
- Be sure to pat any excess water or oil off ingredients.
- Be sure to chill them for at least 30 minutes so they firm up.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Make sure your bacon is crispy before adding to the mixture. You might even need to crisp it again if you have previously cooked it.
- For best results, be sure to soften your cream cheese to room temperature for easier mixing.
- I like to use leftover chicken breasts, shredded chicken, or pulled deli chicken like a rotisserie chicken.
- Wrap the pinwheels as tightly as possible.
- Chill before slicing to help them retain their shape.
- Use a sharp knife or a serrated knife when slicing.
- Wipe knife clean between cuts to avoid smearing the filling.
- Skip the bacon bits for this recipe!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
These chicken bacon ranch tortilla pinwheels are the ultimate party appetizer and will have your party guests wanting seconds!
- 3 large burrito size flour tortillas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped fine or shredded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounce bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- Combine the cream cheese and ranch seasoning.
- Add in the chopped chicken and shredded cheese.
- Lay out the three tortillas.
- Divide the chicken mixture between the three tortillas and spread into an even layer.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with ⅓ of the bacon and green onions.
- Starting on one edge, roll tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
- Chill for at least one hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and slice with a serrated knife.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 650Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 1689mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.