Your favorite Italian Sub Sandwich has been transformed into nachos! Wonton chips hold your favorite toppings like salami, pepperoni, prosciutto, and cheese. A sandwich you can eat like Italian nachos and share with your friends.
Eating Italian Sub Sandwiches growing up has solidified my love of all things Italian and I love to experiment with the ingredients. Let me show you what I did with them last week!!
If you have been reading for awhile then you saw my nachos series last summer. Inspiration got the best of me and I wanted my favorite sandwiches easier to eat. To share with my friends without having to cut my bread is a plus too.
How does Pepperoni Pizza Nachos with pizza crust chips sound? They were a huge hit!
Right before the nachos series, I did some chicken wings too. Be sure to check them out!
But enough about that, back to the Italian Nachos.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
ITALIAN NACHOS INGREDIENTS
- Italian blend cheese
- wonton wrappers
- small tomatoes
- roasted red peppers
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes
- pepperoncini peppers
- romaine lettuce
- shaved parmesan cheese
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN NACHOS
FIRST: Preheat oven to 400F. Spray the wonton wrappers a few at a time and bake in a single layer until crispy, about 5 minutes, flipping once during cooking. Remove cooked wrappers and add more to the pan.
SECOND: Repeat until all the wrappers are cooked. This will take a few rounds. Use this time to make the salsa and get all the other ingredients together.
THIRD: Mix your salsa and set aside.
FOURTH: Once the chips are all baked, sprinkle with cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and meats. Place back in the oven and melt the cheese and crisp the meats. About 5 minutes.
FIFTH: Once all the cheese is melted, remove the nachos from the oven. Sprinkle with salsa and all the other toppings. Serve right away!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
A sprinkle of this amazing salsa, a few sliced olives, fresh parsley, and shaved parmesan cheese is the way to top off these Italian nachos. All baked and served in one pan is just about the easiest way to make sheet pan nachos.
Best thing is I usually have all of these ingredients in my fridge at one time. If I am missing one of the meats, or I am out of olives because my son ate them all, I can substitute or just leave them off.
You can even leave off the meats if you are craving that vegetarian option like I did with my meatless Italian sandwich. Sometimes you just need some fresh veggies!
These Sheet Pan Italian Nachos are so fun and I am totally in love with all the textures and bright colors! I hope will try them soon!
MORE EASY PARTY APPETIZERS
For the nachos
- 1/2 cup prosciutto (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup salami (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni or regular pepperoni (sliced thin)
- 2 cups Italian blend cheese (shredded)
- 24 wonton wrappers (cut in half to make triangles.)
- Non-stick cooking spray
For the salsa
- 1/2 cup small tomatoes (diced small)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers ((Piquante Peppers), diced small)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the toppings
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olives (sliced)
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini peppers (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup romaine lettuce (sliced thin)
- 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese
Make the wonton chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray the wonton wrappers a few at a time and bake in a single layer until crispy, about 5 minutes, flipping once during cooking.
- Remove cooked wrappers and add more to the pan.
- Repeat until all the wrappers are cooked.
- This will take a few rounds. Use this time to make the salsa and get all the other ingredients together.
Make the salsa
- Mix your salsa and set aside.
- Once the chips are all baked, sprinkle with cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and meats.
- Place back in the oven and melt the cheese and crisp the meats. About 5 minutes.
- Once all the cheese is melted, remove the nachos from the oven.
- Sprinkle with salsa and all the other toppings.
- Serve right away!
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 1386mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
These nachos are inspired by Guy Fieri’s from Food Network.
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.