A salty, crispy pretzel sandwich stuffed with Reese’s cups, dipped in chocolate and decorated with laces makes the perfect Reese’s Pretzel Football Cookies for your Game Day celebration!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL BITES
No pretzels were harmed in the making these Reese’s Pretzel Football Cookies. Ok, I might have to expand on that statement. No pretzels were harmed PRIOR to making them.
Still scratching your head?
Pretzels have a history of being abused in the Stewart Chalet. Upon arriving in the house, all pretzels are confiscated and moved to an unsecured location, stripped of all their salt in an unpleasant manner, and then tossed in an abandoned vessel to await transport to their final resting place.
Yes, my youngest eats all the salt off of the pretzels and then throws them away. I have only just come to know this was happening when I had the unfortunate experience of eating a naked pretzel.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
I knew Connor liked salt, he gets that honest as I LOVE salt, but I had no idea that he was licking all the salt off of the pretzels instead of eating the whole thing.
Connor sneaks food into his room, usually after bedtime, and it is never seen again. Maybe the wrappers, but not the food.
I make the boys empty their own trash so this might explain me not seeing the evidence of the salt-stripping.
HOW TO MAKE FOOTBALL COOKIES
FIRST: On a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, place 20 pretzels. Cut Reese’s mini cups in half horizontally. Place a half on each pretzel. Place in the 300F oven for 5 minutes.
When they are done, remove from oven and top with the remaining 20 pretzels. Press down slightly to flatten and get the pretzels to stick. Cool completely.
SECOND: Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Heat in 30-second intervals and stir often.
Dip the pretzel sandwiches in the melted chocolate, covering them completely. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or tray. Once they are all dipped, place in the fridge to set the chocolate.
THIRD: When they are set, melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Pipe the laces on the football cookies. Chill in the fridge to set the laces. Serve!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- start with plenty of space to work
- let your peanut butter pretzels cool completely before dipping or they will slide
- use a dipping fork for maximum chocolate coverage
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
MORE EASY PARTY FOODS
- Halloween Popcorn Balls
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
- Dessert Nachos with Pretzels
- French Onion Pretzel Nuggets
- Spicy Sriracha Pretzels
- 40 waffle pretzels
- 10 mini Reese's peanut butter cups
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening
- 1 ounce of white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 300F.
Make the peanut butter pretzels.
- On a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, place 20 pretzels.
- Cut Reese's mini cups in half horizontally.
- Place a half on each pretzel.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- When they are done, remove from oven and top with the remaining 20 pretzels.
- Press down slightly to flatten and get the pretzels to stick.
- Cool completely.
Dip the Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave.
- Heat in 30-second intervals and stir often.
- Dip the pretzel sandwiches in the melted chocolate, covering them completely.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet or tray.
- Once they are all dipped, place in the fridge to set the chocolate.
Turn the Cookies into Footballs
- When they are set, melt the white chocolate in the microwave.
- Pipe the laces on the football cookies.
- Chill in the fridge to set the laces.
- You can store the Reese's Pretzel Football Cookies in an airtight container for up to a week.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 4 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 661mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 11g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.