Last updated on March 30th, 2020 at 09:56 pm
Need an afternoon “pick-me-up” without over-indulging? These little Powerballs are full of good for you ingredients like dates, macadamia nuts, coconut, and cocoa! All these yummy foods rolled into one perfect bite. Perfect for a post-workout snack.
Do you remember when the recent Powerball jackpot was over a billion dollars? Did you buy a ticket or two? My mom always said that you can’t win if you don’t play, so I bought a ticket for each drawing (over 300 million – got to have standards) leading up to the huge jackpot and five the day of the last drawing.
Of course, I didn’t win but I had fun with my husband dreaming up what to do with the money. First thing would be a new kitchen. More like a new house, with a HUGE kitchen!! I’m talking a 1000 square foot kitchen with a few rooms for people to sleep in when they are not in the kitchen.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and funny stories. For my entire disclosure policy click here.
Just take me to the Powerballs Recipe Already!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious easy Power Ball Energy Ball recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
I will say that not winning left me a little depressed. I woke up and thought, I have to go downstairs and cook in my tiny, old kitchen. I know that I am blessed to have a husband that works so I can stay home and raise our children and pursue my blogging career and a small, older house makes that financially viable.
We live in a great school district and our house is close to the schools there.
I have a feeling that a lot of people were depressed that they didn’t win. What do you do when you are “down in the dumps?” I have a “pick-me-up!” Too many cliches?
Powerballs to the rescue!
These Powerballs of goodness will do just that. The Powerballs will give you an afternoon jolt of energy, curb your sweet tooth cravings, and you don’t have to feel guilty about indulging because they are Paleo and Whole30 approved!
All the sweetness comes from the coconut and dates and not refined sugar, or chemical preservatives that you can’t pronounce. A few other snacks that are diet-approved are my Lemon Thyme Almonds, my Zesty Chili Lime Cashews, and my Paleo Snack Bars!
FAQ about Powerballs or Energy Bites:
- Q: Can I freeze the Powerballs?
A: Yes you can!
- Q: Can I make these Keto-friendly?
A: Dates are pretty high in sugar. If you use the Deglet Noor brand they have a lot less sugar. I would also make the powerballs smaller and reduce the servings to 1 powerball.
- Q: Can I use sweetened coconut?
A: You can but it will make these more like candy and not an energy snack.
- Q: Can I use a different nut?
A: You can use any nut that you like but remember that not all nuts are “paleo” so just be sure to check what you food plan requires.
Other great Energy Bite recipes to try!
Quick to make, only 4 ingredients, and travel well! Keep a bag of Powerballs in your purse for those cravings!
If you like reading my posts and seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for behind the scenes photos and much, much more:
Sign up to receive a free email in your inbox with each new recipe:
If you love this Powerballs Recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Easy POWERBALLS Recipe
- 8 ounces dates (you can use Medjool but for this recipe, I used Deglet Noor)
- 1/3 cup Macadamia Nuts (dry roasted)
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup cocoa (I used this brand of unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/8 cup coconut flakes (toasted and crushed small)
- In a food processor, process the dates until they are in small pieces. This will be very sticky.
- Remove the dates and wipe out the processor bowl.
- Add the macadamia nuts and unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Pulse until they are chopped into small pieces.
- Add the dates back in and the cocoa powder.
- Pulse until the cocoa powder is incorporated into the date mixture.
- Remove mixture and place in a bowl.
- If the mixture still doesn't look like it is incorporated all the way, knead a few more times in the bowl.
- With lightly greased hands, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls or use an ice cream scoop to portion it.
- When all the powerballs are rolled, toss them in a bowl of the toasted coconut flakes to lightly dust the outside of them.
- Roll slightly in your hands to press the coconut into the balls a little more.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to eat.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
©TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.