Last updated on July 24th, 2020 at 02:45 pm
A Pizookie is the WARM and GOOEY combination of pizza and chocolate chip cookie, baked in a skillet and served warm with ice cream. LESS THAN 20 minutes from start to finish!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious & easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
What is a Pizookie?
I am so glad that you asked!
It is the delicious, warm, gooey, melty, marriage of deep dish pizza and chocolate chip cookie.
So basically, HEAVEN!
Why is a Pizookie called a Pizookie?
The creative minds from the restaurant where it started combined the two words that described the dish.
Pizza + Cookie = Pizookie!
This Pizookie recipe is easy to follow and will have you serving a delicious restaurant-style dessert that will earn you the “Host of the Year” award when you serve them.
This post may contain affiliate links. I earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Your purchase helps support this blog at no additional cost to you and allows me to continue bringing you delicious recipes and funny stories. For my entire disclosure policy click here.
Mini skillet cookie ingredients
- sugar (brown & granulated)
- vanilla extract
- leavening agents (baking powder, soda, and salt)
- chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, or dark)
These ingredients make a great skillet cookie!
If you have a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, or a tube of store bought dough, feel free to use that in place of this one.
How to make a Pizookie skillet cookie
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugars togethers until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
STEP TWO: Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk to mix completely. Slowly add to the butter mixture, scraping down the sides often.
STEP THREE: Stir in chocolate chips, saving a handful for garnishing the top. Divide the cookie dough and press into the the four mini skillets. Garnish with reserved chocolate chips.
STEP FOUR: Bake 20-30 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown and the center is still a little gooey. Serve warm with favorite toppings.
Can I make it without a skillet?
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use an oven safe skillet. You can also bake the dough in ramekins, muffin pans, or other small oven safe dish.
Can I make it in a different size skillet?
You can bake it in a 8,10, or 12 inch skillet. You will need to adjust the baking time to account for the thinner skillets.
Adjust the cooking time between 5-8 minutes depending on the size.
How to store it?
Tightly cover the cookie and skillet in foil and let hang out on the counter at room temperature.
If you want to refrigerate it make it last longer, remove the cookies from the pans and store. The moisture in the fridge will cause the skillets to rust.
How long will it last?
The chocolate chip skillet cookie will last up to 4 days at room temperature if wrapped in plastic wrap or an air tight container.
How do you reheat any leftovers?
If you happen to have any leftovers, take them out of the skillet and reheat them in the microwave.
Take a slightly damp paper towel, cover the cookie, and heat for 10-15 seconds.
Take Two Tapas Tips for making the best cast iron skillet cookie
- Unsalted butter is the only butter I use, but if you use salted butter, be sure to check the salt levels of the dough before adding salt.
- I only bake and cook with kosher salt. If you use other types of salt, be sure to check your dough for salt levels. You might need to adjust it in the recipe.
- All-purpose gluten free flour works well too.
- Use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but I like to use dark chocolate chips. Or chocolate chunks. You can also chop up a bar of baking chocolate. Just be sure to use 1.5 cups total.
- Feel free to add other candy or toppings like peanut butter cups, M&M candies, or toasted nuts.
- DO NOT OVER BAKE! Keeping a warm and gooey center is the best thing about this skillet cookie.
- Top with ice cream – your favorite flavor-, hot fudge sauce, or caramel sauce.
If you like reading my posts and seeing my recipes, connect with me on your favorite social media channel for behind the scenes photos and much, much more!
Sign up to receive a free email in your inbox with each new recipe!
What day is free Pizookie Day?
If you are not in the mood for cooking, “Free Pizookie Day” is Tuesday June 21st.
This chocolate chip skillet cookie is best served warm out of the oven, topped with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce, and enjoyed with friends!!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Other Cookies to Make
- Chocolate chip cookie fries
- Dark chocolate toasted coconut cookies
- White chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- Butterscotch pretzel cookies
- Cinnamon chocolate cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
Mini Chocolate Chip Pizookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet, dark or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chips, reserving a handful for the top. Divide the cookie dough evenly between 4 skillets and spread it to the edges.
- Bake until the center is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and toppings if you like.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 mini skillet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 677Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 345mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 3gSugar: 53gProtein: 8g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.