Captain Rodneys Dip, also known as a Cheese Bake, is a CREAMY, CHEESY, and BACON-Y dip with a SWEET and SPICY twist.
Baked until bubbly and melty and topped with a golden cracker topping. Serve with butter crackers for the best combo!
If you’d rather skip my essential cooking tips and tricks and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
You can’t get better than sweet & spicy, mixed with bacon, tons of cheese, and buttery crackers!
When I think of gathering a group of friends, I know this dip will be a hit and loved by everyone.
There is something for everyone and you can prep it ahead of time and just bake in the oven for a few minutes and it will be ready with all the bubbly, melty cheese.
And did I mention, studded with crispy, smoky bacon?
Captain Rodney perfected the pepper jelly glaze, now grab a few bottles and whip up this dip for your next gathering.
Not only is it great for picnics and get-togethers, but it’s a top tailgating recipe for sure!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
INGREDIENTS FOR CAPTAIN RODNEYS DIP
- Cream Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
- Captain Rodney’s Boucan Pepper Glaze
- Butter Crackers
Cream Cheese – Make sure you cream cheese is at room temperature or at least not right out of the fridge. It will be easier to combine with the other ingredients.
Cheddar Cheese – It’s best to shred or grate your own cheese, it melts so much better. Feel free to substitute mozzarella or pepper jack cheese if you prefer.
Bacon – Make sure the bacon is cooked before you add it to the dip. Otherwise it will be soggy and no one like soggy bacon!
Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze – If you can’t find it, feel free to substitute out your favorite hot pepper jelly.
Butter Crackers – I like to use Ritz crackers but Club crackers work perfectly too!
HOW TO MAKE CAPTAIN RODNEY’S CHEESE BAKE
ONE: Mix mayonnaise, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Stir to combine.
TWO: Add in the Captain Rodney’s Boucan Glaze, green onions, and bacon.
THREE: Spread in a 9 inch pie dish or baking dish, cover with cracker crumbs.
FOUR: Bake for 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and the crackers are golden brown.
Remove from oven and drizzle with more captain rodneys glaze, green onions, and bacon crumbles. Enjoy!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
CAN THIS BE MADE AHEAD OF TIME?
You can prep this a few days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
If you are prepping ahead of time, I would recommend leaving off the cracker crumbs until right before baking to avoid them from getting soggy.
CAN I FREEZE THIS?
You can bake and then freeze this for up to 1 month. Just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the oven.
Again, I would leave off the cracker crumbs until reheating.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days if tightly wrapped.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH LEFTOVER CAPTAIN RODNEYS DIP?
If you want to mix things up a bit, you can take any leftovers, roll them into a large cheese ball or smaller, bite-sized cheese balls and serve with crackers.
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- there are a few different glaze flavors so feel free to use 1/2 cup of any Captain Rodney Sauce
- I like to use pie plates but feel free to use an 8 or 9 inch baking dish.
- whip the mayo cream cheese together before adding the other cheese to make sure the cream cheese is evenly mixed.
- if you don’t have Boucan sauce, feel free to use your favorite pepper jelly!
- after you bake it, sprinkle with bacon and captain rodney sauce for more garnishes.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
EASY APPETIZERS TO ENJOY
- sweet and spicy bacon crackers
- chocolate pumpkin wontons
- puff pastry cinnamon roll bites
- hawaiian meatballs
- chipotle meatballs
- cheesy brussels sprouts dip
CAPTAIN RODNEY’S BACON DIP RECIPE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze (divided)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked, chopped, divided)
- 2 green onions (more for garnish if desired)
- 1/2 cup butter cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise and cream cheese. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine until smooth.
- Add in the cheddar cheese. Mix to combine.
- Add 1/2 cup Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze, green onions, and half the bacon to the cheese mixture. Mix to combine.
- Spoon into a 9 inch pie plate or similar size baking dish.
- Top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dip is bubbly and the crackers are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup Captain Rodney's Pepper Jelly, and top with remaining bacon.
- Add more sliced green onions for garnish if desired. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Enjoy!
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 9g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.