If you want a simple dip you can make the night before, this Beef Jerky Dip is sure to be the one for you! It’s savory, smoky, and feels like you spent hours working on it.
Beef Jerky Dip
I love beef jerky! After hiking in Arizona and needing the extra protein snack that was easy to carry, I became hooked. And there are so many different flavors and meat choices than before.
Nothing beats a smoky, meaty, cheesy dip, and that’s just what this recipe provides. And with so many possible variations, you can make this dip as healthy or indulgent as you like!
Why this Recipe is Amazing
- Keto-Friendly: This recipe is great for those on a keto diet, so long as you use keto-friendly dippers as well.
- Lots of options: You can use many different dippers that still taste good, such as pita chips, celery sticks, cucumber, tortilla chips, or even potato chips!
- Adjustable to fit your needs: Versatile with lots of substitution options to fit your flavor/diet.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Cream Cheese – Full fat, reduced fat, or fat free work well. Soften for better mixing.
Sour Cream – Feel free to sub Greek yogurt.
Beef Jerky – Substitute turkey jerky or another meat jerky if desired.
Mustard – Try Dijon or spicy brown mustard instead of yellow if you want a bit of heat.
Worcestershire Sauce – Is a great way to add a little smoky/salty flavor throughout your dip.
Shredded Cheese – You can use cheddar, gouda, pepper jack, or even Colby jack.
Green Onions – Parsley is a great substitute.
Dippers – Almost anything can be used as a dipper, from fresh veggies to any kind of chip.
How to make Beef Jerky Dip
First: Chop your jerky of choice into small pieces and set aside. Mix cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl, stirring until the combination is smooth.
Second: Mix in your chopped beef jerky, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cheddar cheese, and half of the green onions. Stir until smooth. Make sure to reserve some of each as a garnish.
Third: Transfer to a serving dish or bowl and garnish. Serve with your choice of crackers, potato chips, or tortilla chips.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Can Beef Jerky Dip be made in advance?
This dish can be made up to two days in advance without a problem. In fact, it is best you at least make it the night before, as it allows the flavors to meld together.
Just place it into a sealed container in the fridge and pull it out just before your party guests arrive.
How do I make this dip spicier?
If you want to add a kick to your dip, add a little hot sauce or crushed red pepper flakes. You can always use a spicy jerky to start.
What flavors of jerky work best in this recipe?
Without changing the recipe too much, original and peppered beef jerky tends to do the best. Some of the others might work as well, but you would have to change the cheese and maybe omit the Worcestershire sauce.
As you feel more confident, feel free to play around. Who knows, you might make a beef jerky dip that I am even jealous of!
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Let this dip sit at least overnight to get the full mingling of flavors.
- Bring the cream cheese close to room temperature for easier mixing.
- Chop the beef jerky small so you get some in every bite.
- If you are making a large batch, use a food processor to chop/dice the beef jerky.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
If you want to wow people with a quick, easy appetizer, then this beef jerky dip recipe is definitely the one to try! It’s easy to make as many portions as you can fit in your bowl.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 ounces beef jerky (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (Dijon will work too)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 stalks green onions (sliced)
- Chop the beef jerky into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add the mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Mix to combine.
- Fold in the chopped beef jerky (reserve a little for garnish), cheddar cheese, and half the green onions. Stir to combine.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish with remaining beef jerky and green onions. Serve with crackers or potato chips.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Recipes
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.