This easy, Cheesy Rotel Dip with just 3 ingredients is an easy dip recipe for large and small gatherings. With simple ingredients and multiple ways to add additional flavor variations you can quickly kick your appetizers into high gear.
Make it ahead of time in a slow cooker or in less than 30-minutes on the stovetop. Either way, we have you covered.
Easy Rotel Dip is a quick & easy appetizer that takes a few minutes from start to finish.
With only 3 ingredients, this crazy cheesy dip recipe is an absolute crowd pleaser, especially on game day! I might even say it is the best dip out there.
What is Rotel Dip?
Only the easiest and yummiest cheese dip around!
Originating from “chili con queso” dip but much simpler. I use Velveeta cheese because it melts smoother and Rotel with the perfect balance of tomatoes and green chiles.
Don’t have Rotel? Use your favorite salsa!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Rotel Dip Ingredients
- Velveeta Cheese
- Ground Beef
Velveeta – Don’t skip on this as it makes it super creamy!
Ground Beef – Feel free to use ground turkey or ground sausage.
Rotel – If you don’t have a can of Ro Tel, you can use a can of diced tomatoes and a can of chopped green chilies.
How do you make Rotel Dip from scratch?
First: Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink. Drain.
Second: Add in the can of Rotel tomatoes and cubed Velveeta nto the browned ground beef.
Third: Stir until combine and fully melted. Enjoy warm with chips!
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Can you make it in advance?
You can prepare the Rotel dip in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, remove from fridge and reheat on stove top or in the microwave.
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Make it in an oven safe skillet. It retains the heat longer and keeps it the dip from hardening.
- For a thicker dip, you can drain the Rotel before adding to the dip.
- If you don’t have Rotel on hand, you can use salsa or pico de gallo.
- Don’t want to use a loaf of processed cheese, try a block of cream cheese and 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- To make the cheese melt easier with the Rotel, add one or two tablespoons of butter.
- Serve warm in a skillet or transfer to a crock pot and keep on low.
- Want even more flavor, use spicy sausage or add taco seasoning to the ground beef when cooking it.
Rotel Dip Crock Pot Preparation
- Brown the ground beef or sausage as you would in a skillet.
- Drain the excess fat.
- Transfer the meat to a crock pot and add the Rotel and Velveeta cheese. Stir to combine.
- Turn on low heat and allow to cook for about 30 minutes stirring often until totally melted and combined.
- Keep on warm setting while serving.
Rotel Cheese Dip Variations
- Try cooking some onions with the ground beef before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Use ground sausage or ground turkey or a mixture of ground beef and sausage.
- Add some Taco or Southwest Seasoning while cooking the meat.
- Top with fresh Pico de Gallo.
- Add in finely diced jalapeño and/or garlic.
- If you don’t have Rotel at home, substitute a can of diced tomatoes and a small can of green chiles.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
This Rotel dip recipe is a the perfectly melted blend of cheese, zesty green chilis, hearty ground beef, and rich tomatoes. Make this easy recipe in the microwave, slow cooker, or stove top. Serve with your favorite salty tortilla chips or scoops while watching the big game
- 1 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces Velveeta
- 10 ounces Rotel
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add in Rotel and Velveeta cubes.
- Stir to combine.
- Keep stirring until the cheese is fully melted.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 689mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Appetizers
- cream cheese sausage balls
- chipped beef cheese ball
- buffalo chicken dip
- creamy corn dip
- chipped beef dip
- cheese steak dip
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.