Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli takes the deliciousness of your favorite ravioli and then quickly and easily turns it into a new world of Italian flavor and textures!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
You local neighborhood Italian chain restaurant has a very popular fried ravioli appetizer, if you’ve never tried it this will ruin it for you and you will never want that version anyway!
Making homemade Air Fryer Toasted Ravioli is going to be your new favorite appetizer or finger food for parties.
Crispy on the outside, chewy and flavor filled on the inside, with a delicious breading and dipped in marinara sauce; air fried ravioli is in my top ten list of delicious foods!
I tend toward the easy and use frozen ravioli that has thawed, you can use whichever you prefer. I have even tried this with beef ravioli and it is fantastic, but nothing beats that melty cheese that pulls out in long threads from the hot bit of air fried ravioli.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
TOASTED RAVIOLI INGREDIENTS
- fresh or frozen cheese ravioli
- bread crumbs
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- sauce for dipping
Ravioli – Feel free to use refrigerated or frozen ravioli. If you use frozen then thaw according to package directions before you start the breading process. You won’t need to boil the cheese ravioli before breading it.
Bread crumbs – I like to use the seasoned breadcrumbs but feel free to use plain and add your own spices. You can also use panko!
Spices – I like to use Italian seasoning to add some extra flavor to the breadcrumbs.
Dipping Sauces – Marinara sauce is the usual way to dip these but you can also use buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, or your favorite!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER TOASTED RAVIOLI
STEP ONE: Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. Make egg wash with eggs and water in a shallow bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and spices.
STEP TWO: Dip ravioli in the egg mixture and then using a fork or a slotted spoon, dredge the coated ravioli in the breadcrumb mixture. Continue until you bread all the ravioli.
STEP THREE: Spread the ravioli in a single layer in the air fryer basket leaving a little space between them for air flow. Spray with cooking spray.
STEP FOUR: Air fry for 4-5 minutes, flipping half way through, or until crispy and golden brown. Continue air frying until all the ravioli is toasted. Remove and serve warm with marinara sauce.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
CAN I FREEZE THE TOASTED RAVIOLI?
Sure! To freeze, let the fried ravioli cool completely. Store in a tightly closed freezer safe bag for up to 2 months. To reheat, remove it from the freezer. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Cook for 5-8 minutes, flipping half way through.
WHICH AIR FRYER SHOULD I USE?
This is the air fryer model that I currently use. I love it because the basket is large and it wasn’t super expensive!
CAN I BAKE THEM IF I DON’T HAVE AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can! Just complete the breading steps as directed. Then preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place breaded ravioli on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Flip, spray again, and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Want them extra crispy? Broil them for 1-2 minutes at the end. Just watch them carefully so they don’t get over done.
DO I NEED TO COOK THE RAVIOLI BEFORE BREADING IT?
That’s the best part of this recipe! You don’t need to cook the ravioli before you air fry it. One less step! If you are using refrigerated ravioli go ahead and proceed. If you are using frozen ravioli, thaw beforehand according to package directions.
You may need to adjust cooking times with the level of thaw or size and thickness of the ravioli. Keep an eye on it while air frying.
WHAT CAN I SERVE AIR FRYER RAVIOLI WITH?
The most common dip for this recipe is marinara sauce. Here are some other options to try!
- arrabbiata sauce (spice tomato sauce)
- bang bang sauce
- ranch dressing
- chick-fil-a sauce
- add steak seasoning to the coating
- try this french fry seasoning in the coating as well
- use panko breadcrumbs instead of traditional breadcrumbs
TAPAS TIPS & TRICKS
- use tongs, a fork, or a slotted spoon during the breading process to keep your hands clean.
- spray the ravioli with cooking spray when you flip it to ensure it gets crispy on both sides!
- don’t overcrowd the basket. Try to keep a little space in between the ravioli for optimal air circulation and to keep them from sticking together.
- while cooking in batches, keep the already toasted ravioli in a warm oven.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Grab your favorite ravioli from the refrigerated or frozen aisle and get moving on this fried ravioli, you’re gonna love it and you’ll probably keep some ravioli in the freezer for pop up parties from now on!
Leave a comment below letting me know what you chose to dip your air fried ravioli in!
OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES TO MAKE!
- air fryer mozzarella sticks
- air fryer pizza rolls
- air fryer blooming onion
- air fryer grilled cheese
- air fryer brussels sprouts
- 1 package (20 oz) fresh or frozen ravioli **see notes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs (seasoned or plain)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 cups Marinara sauce for dipping
- In a medium bowl or shallow dish, whisk the eggs. Add in a teaspoon of water if needed.
- In a second bowl or dish, combine the breadcrumbs, grated cheese, and seasonings until well combined.
- Dip the ravioli in the egg wash and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Set aside on a platter or plate while you coat the remaining ravioli.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 F.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the ravioli is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove the ravioli and place on a place or baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you toast the remaining ravioli.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve warm with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
*for using frozen ravioli, thaw according to package directions before toasting.
*If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave me a comment and rate it 5 stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.