Sweet Potato Soufflé Dip with TOASTED marshmallow is your favorite FALL side dish transformed into a sweet potato APPETIZER!
Dip in some cinnamon graham cracker sticks for an even SWEETER TREAT!
If you’d rather skip my (very helpful, I think) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this delicious & easy recipe – simply scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card.
If you love sweet potatoes, you can throw out all you know about the favorite dishes like sweet potato pie for dessert and sweet potato rounds for appetizers because this dip is going to change your life forever!
Sweet potato casserole is everyone’s favorite side dish during the holidays, isn’t it?
Well, it wasn’t mine growing up and it still isn’t because I am partial to mashed potatoes but I have to side with everyone else just this one time.
I take the traditional side dish and turn it into a dip that I can get along with and still have room for MY favorite side dish during dinner.
That is exactly what my sweet potato soufflé dip is all about, except that it is a sweet potato appetizer or sweet potato dessert and not necessarily a side dish.
But it can be if you are in the mood!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read my disclosure policy here.
Sweet Potato Dip with Cream Cheese Ingredients
- Sweet potatoes
- cream cheese
- marshmallow cream
- toasted pecans
Not all the marshmallow cream goes on top. Although I love a LOT of toasted marshmallows. Adding a little to the base will add silkiness to the dip too.
How to make sweet potato souffle dip
STEP ONE: If you haven’t cooked your sweet potato, Do that first. Unless you are using canned then drain them and you are ready to go.
STEP TWO: In a medium bowl combine the potato, brown sugar, cream cheese, spices, and 4 ounces of the marshmallow cream.
Mix to combine by hand or with a hand mixer. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
STEP THREE: When ready to serve, top with the remaining marshmallow cream. Toast with a small kitchen torch or place under a broiler until toasted. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Serve with cinnamon graham crackers or sticks. Enjoy!
Can I use fresh sweet potatoes?
Yes, you can! Just make sure they are cooked/steamed and tender.
If you have leftover baked sweet potato or two, just peel them and make this for football the next day.
Can I use canned sweet potatoes?
Absolutely! Rinse them really well before incorporating into the cream cheese.
Of all the canned sweet potato recipes out there, I have no doubt this will become your fave!
Are canned yams and sweet potatoes the same thing?
Yams are from the Caribbean and are different than sweet potatoes, but the yams you find in your local store are most likely potatoes, regardless of the color of the flesh.
You can substitute canned yams for sweet potatoes if you want to.
Can it be made ahead of time?
You can make the dip a few days ahead of time and store in the fridge. Leave the marshmallow topping off until ready to serve!
Take Two Tapas Tips for a great dip:
- Start with fresh potatoes. They taste the best. You might be able to buy them already peeled, or steamed, or even frozen.
- Use a potato masher to get them creamy and smooth.
- Great way to use up any leftover cooked sweet potatoes that you might have lingering in your refrigerator from a previous meal.
- Add the marshmallow topping by using a piping bag or a zip-top bag with a hole cut in the corner.
- Add goat cheese instead of cream cheese for a new flavor profile.
- Switch up the spices by adding apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice.
- To toast the marshmallow, I recommend a kitchen torch or you can broil it in the oven. Be sure to use an oven-safe dish!
- Add toasted nuts after you toast the marshmallow. Switch them up with toasted pumpkin seeds for fun!
- Serve with all types of cookies and crackers for more flavor combos.
Our family does a “Traveling Thanksgiving Reunion” every year so it is never the same holiday twice other than our traditional family foods.
Because of the blog I have the title “Appetizer and Cocktail Queen”! It might be hard to top last year’s hit, my Everything Bagel Dip, that was gone in nanoseconds, but I am willing to give it the old college try.
How do you do Thanksgiving?
Watch out Thanksgiving, this sweet potato soufflé dip will make the list of things you are thankful for this year!!!!
other fall recipes to try
- leftover dressing fritters
- Fall Cocktails
- Fall Appetizers
- Fall Desserts
- Oatmeal Cream Pie Dip
- Apple Pie Salsa
- Chai Latte Dip
- Fall Soups
Canned Yam Dip Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato (cubed and steamed)
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream (divided)
- 1/2 cup buttery toasted pecans (chopped)
- If you haven't cooked your sweet potato, start by steaming it for 5-10 minutes in the microwave or another type of steamer.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine sweet potato, brown sugar, cream cheese, cinnamon, allspice, and 4 ounces of the marshmallow cream.
- Mix to combine by hand or with a hand mixer.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, top with the remaining marshmallow cream.
- Toast with a small kitchen torch or place under a broiler until toasted.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Serve with cinnamon graham crackers or sticks.
*If you like this recipe, please leave me a comment and rate it with some stars. Thank you!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party, Nutritionix, and can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
@TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encourages and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.