Spicy Aioli has a spicy sriracha flavor and is wonderfully creamy and tangy. It’s the ideal sauce for sprucing up your BBQ or party food table! This sauce is great for last-minute preparation because it only has three ingredients that you probably already have to hand.
Spicy Aioli Recipe
This Spicy Aioli recipe can also be called Sriracha Aioli, or Sriracha Mayo, and is made using three simple ingredients: mayonnaise, lime juice and hot sauce. It’s the perfect dipping sauce to serve to a crowd in small bowls on the table in between all your favorite dipping snacks like onion rings, cheesy fries, or my delicious mac and cheese balls.
With only 3 ingredients this sriracha aioli sauce recipe is simple but also flavorful. It’s such a handy recipe to keep up your sleeve because you’ll most likely always have these ingredients to hand. Plus it’s a life saver for last-minute party prep.
Why this Recipe is Awesome
- Only three ingredients.
- Quick to make – it’s set and ready to eat in 30 minutes!
- Customisable to your own heat preference.
- Perfect for sharing with dipping snacks or to add onto your barbecue favorites!
Mayo – I prefer Duke’s, it’s my favorite brand.
Sriracha – This is a Thai pepper sauce similar to American hot sauce, only thicker. You can substitute sambal oelek, chili paste, or even cayenne pepper powder.
Lime juice – I recommend using fresh lime juice for the best flavor. You can also substitute lemon juice in a pinch.
How to Make Spicy Aioli
First: Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk everything together until it’s perfectly smooth.
Second: Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors fully mix together. Serve with your favorite dipping snacks or as a spread on a sandwich.
For the full recipe and detailed instructions, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What is Aioli?
Aioli is a widely popular sauce in Mediterranean cooking. A traditional aioli recipe is created with egg yolk, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic, and it tastes very similar to garlic mayonnaise.
It is very popular in European countries like Italy, Spain, and France. Aioli, spicy varieties in particular, have become very popular in American cuisine so there are lots of recipes out there, but this one is the easiest and most delicious!
How is Aioli Different from Mayo?
Both aioli and mayonnaise are creamy sauces typically can serve as a dipping sauce or a sandwich spread. They have a similar consistency and color, but traditional aioli contains garlic whereas mayo uses citrus juices or vinegar.
The terms are somewhat interchangeably today. So the answer to the question “is aioli just flavored mayonnaise,” the answer is basically yes.
But if you want to make it more traditionally just add in some chopped or crushed garlic!
How Do I Store Spicy Aioli?
Store aioli in an airtight container, or covered in plastic wrap, in the fridge for up to 10 days from when the mayonnaise was freshly made or opened.
It’s perfect for making a big batch at the beginning of the week to enjoy on sandwiches and snacks. This will mean you still have some for your big weekend plans!
Tapas Tips & Tricks
- Add extra hot sauces like Tabasco, Sambal, or even chopped fresh jalapeño peppers to customize the spiciness of this aioli.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice is best for this recipe, but if you only have the bottled kind, use it!
- For extra flavor and more of a traditional garlic aioli, add some finely chopped garlic.
- Adding a dash of salt will intensify the flavors slightly, but only add a small bit to taste.
- Make sure to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes once mixed to allow the flavors to properly combine before enjoying this dip.
- Try using lemon juice instead of lime juice for a slightly different flavor.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please write a five-star review in the comment section below (or on Pinterest with the “tried it” button – you can now add pictures into reviews, too!), and be sure to help me share on facebook!
Try this simple Spicy Aioli with all your favorite dipping appetizers at your next party, or use it to boost those smokey BBQ flavors this summer!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (such as Sriracha or Sambal)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk everything together until it's perfectly smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors fully meld together.
- Serve with your favorite dipping snacks or as a spread on a sandwich.
Recipe adapted from Savory Experiments where I am contributor.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
This nutrition information was generated via a third party. I can not be held liable for any discrepancies in the information provided.
More Easy Recipes
TakeTwoTapas.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.